Incorrectly setup TRP HyRd's - a problem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
One thing to consider with Spyres is the inner arm runs very close to the spokes on the front wheel with a 160 rotor, if you put a bigger rotor on with a spacer for the caliper it gives you a bit more clearance.
You sir are a genius!
I have had a strange ticking noise from the front brake when braking hard, sort of like a spoke catching. I have looked at it a few times, checked everything is tight, made sure there is plenty of room between brakes and spokes, looked at the rotor to make sure there is nothing odd about that. Just couldn't see what it was that could make the noise.
Your comment just gave me an 'I wonder' moment. It turns out there is a feint scuff up the back of the brake caliper where the magnet for my cycle computer touches it. There must just be enough deflection of spokes and fork under heavy braking to make them touch, hence the annoying tick once per wheel revolution. Very surprised i didn't spot it before. At least I can stop worrying now.

OP
OP
D

DWM

I gave up setting mine up and went to the LBS. Did a great job and knew exactly what fittings/cables would work best. Proof of pudding will be in the eating when I get better weather to test it (new tourer)

They were properly setup by the LBS when they built up the bike. The performance soon deteriorated. They had it back and set them up again. Again they worked for a bit and then got worse.

Cheers

Dave

Top Bottom