increasing my Manchester commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
At least you don't have to ride past everybody sat out having a beer at 'The Didsbury' pub tonight - think I'll go the long way home so I don't see them, just might be tempted if I do.

mattybain

Tharg2007 said:
Not much else to report, the usual amount of RLJers, glorious weather, some potholes missing too.

:tongue: what you are telling me Manchester Council have actually filled in some pot holes? what is the world coming to??

I live in hope that they are moving their way northwards and are going to fix the Ring Road around Ancoats next!!

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
Sh4rkyBloke said:
After I reached 35mph+ whilst stopped at the lights, and just over 50mph heading up Palatine Road I decided to turn off/on my computer... this did the trick.... however, I forgot to restart the timer so it didn't record the last 2+ miles of the ride! Grrr.

I think our average speed whilst moving was about 20mph (bit of a headwind at some points!!), but with all the lights it dropped to about 17.

Lovely day for it though! xx(

Does that use the gps to work out the speed or a magnet?

Shame I'm always late for work. I'll have to start getting up earlier and keeping an eye out for your guys. I head up Pallatine Road, right onto Barlow Moor, then right again onto Wilmslow Road into Didsbury.

However I get about town in all directions to run errands and what have you.

OP
OP
Tharg2007

Tharg2007

Veteran
ed_o_brain said:
Shame I'm always late for work. I'll have to start getting up earlier and keeping an eye out for your guys. I head up Pallatine Road, right onto Barlow Moor, then right again onto Wilmslow Road into Didsbury.

However I get about town in all directions to run errands and what have you.

you must be coming in the opposite direction then, what time is this usually? will keep an eye out for you, I take it the pearson is your regular steed?

You will recognise me by the out of control hair. It's a waste of time trying to recognise me by bike. I've far too many of them.

Top Bottom