Independent Brompton dealers offering Cycle to work scheme?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I now have an opportunity to apply for the C2W scheme and fancy a 2 speed no frills S2 model (without front block or mudguards etc.
What smaller dealers do folks recommend?
Warlands in Oxford seems to be one, are there others?

Is it true that Bromptons are rare as hen's teeth? There's no bike builder function on their website any more....

Rocky

Hello decadence
Walton Street Cycles have a couple of Brommies in their window . Not sure which model or whether the colour would go with your apron.

SJS Cycles (Thorn) seem to have a couple of brommies as well....but not an S2

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
Avon Valley Cyclery in Bath had a few in stock yesterday (not sure which model), but further afield Mud Dock in Bristol had a few available last week.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
As I'm self-employed I can't set up a C2W scheme to then let me buy a Brompton... :cry:
I wonder if one would be tax deductible under the self-employment HMRC rules

berlinonaut

Veteran
Having the front carrying block is really useful.
I think since 2021 or 2020 the luggage block is mounted as standard on all new Bromptons as part of the standard spec. You can deselect it manually (or could at least do that last year - currently the bike builder on the Brompton website is deactivated due to high demand and unabilty to deliver), but most people won't do that as they either don't recognize the possibility or simply buy a already built standard bike at a dealer anyway (or they simply want it anyway). Not a bad thing to bundle it as standard though unfortunately and expectedly you still have to pay for the luggage block, so prices for new bikes have gone up accordingly.
Probably this is a strategy from Brompton to make their luggage solution more prominent to buyers (which is a good thing) and also to foster sales of their front bags.

Last edited:

Rocky

Hello decadence
Well @Fab Foodie.....have you taken the plunge?

Top Bottom