India have landed on the moon's south pole

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I see Ming has a squce and is trying to spice up the conversation and curry favour with his puns. Well, this is a serious business and the spacecraft poppadom down on the moons Vesta should be applauded.

GuyBoden

Guru
The Pakistan space craft didn't look great, but at least all of the pilots were saved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-66578894

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pakistan-cable-car-rescue-operation-incident-3qbss7c9c

2Fweb%2Fbin%2F9fed1fd6-41e1-11ee-a003-334d69012064.jpg

Profpointy

Legendary Member

'kinell that's a lot worse than I'd imagined. Cable cars give me the willies at the best of times, especially when they stop and swing about in the wind, but hanging by a thread with the side missing ....

Well done to all concerned getting them all safely down

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully

Drago

Legendary Member
Pakistan is not a country normally associated with engineering excellence. One has to wonder not only at the wisdom of whoever built a cable car there, but the sanity of those who thought it would be a good idea to go for a ride.

OP
OP
T4tomo

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Pakistan is not a country normally associated with engineering excellence. One has to wonder not only at the wisdom of whoever built a cable car there, but the sanity of those who thought it would be a good idea to go for a ride.

there are apparently loads of them up in the mountains connecting up remote villages.. All completely illegal and mainly homemade, but essential to get around in an area of few roads and steep hillsides etc. 50p and 15 mins on a cable car or 2hours and £40 in taxi? How would you send your kids to school is you didn't have £40 available?

it may not be excellence in a Rolls Royce sense, but they are quite ingenious in a Heath Robinson sense..

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Wonder who will be the first to build a cable car on the moon? Bound to be some skiing opportunities at the South Pole.

Drago

Legendary Member
there are apparently loads of them up in the mountains connecting up remote villages.. All completely illegal and mainly homemade, but essential to get around in an area of few roads and steep hillsides etc. 50p and 15 mins on a cable car or 2hours and £40 in taxi? How would you send your kids to school is you didn't have £40 available?

I'd home school them rather than play cable roulette.

Drago

Legendary Member
hmmm... yet you read 'dark side' and interpret that as 'far side'... were you awake during any of those courses?

There is no far side either. All sorts of mainly philosophical reasons why this is so, but we're you to use the term I'd know what you mean and would personally find it less objectionable.

Drago

Legendary Member
The modern pronunciation is "oooh-rah-nus", but anyone over 40 will still crudely call it Your Anus.

Fortunately no such childish jokes are cracked ahout the Sphincter Galaxy or the Testicular Star cluster.

Top Bottom