Indian Pacific Wheel Race

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Frank is doing a great job.

12.40AM OZ time. Frank has just pulled into the Mandrabilla Roadhouse in 15th place. At a guess he will be getting something to eat and getting his head down for a few hours.

Great riding Frank.

Frank appears to be asleep at a truck stop. 2.30 in the morning and there are still others riding. Boggling stuff

upload_2017-3-21_18-19-59.png

Last edited:

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Is there a way to see their average speed?
Yes, just click one of the names in the map view linked to early in this thread, and a popup appears with various stats including average speed.

The bit about the food.... yeah, when I watched the video titled "Chillin" with [Beth Dunne?] at a truckstop, I thought "If I had to eat like that, I'd keel over dead". Disgusting stuff -- all super processed, lots of E numbers, very little nutritional value -- yet it seems to be what travellers (in cars) expect from their truck stops. Not too surprising, but still very retch-making.

mmmmartin

Random geezer
all super processed, lots of E numbers, very little nutritional value
Yes indeed, the ability to eat just about anything is a basic test for any audax rider. A Ginsters Pasty and a pint of milk at 3am in some godforsaken part of Norfolk can seem like heaven. Can't see how Frank can be doing that distance on such food, maybe he's just superhuman.

rikki

Legendary Member
One of the riders - James Raison - posted some comments here about what he has to eat.
Scroll down to EAT. EVERY. THING. You can't miss the picture.
"My diet on endurance rides is what you’d expect from an entire party of 8 year-olds given free rein to choose whatever they want.
It’s pretty gross when I look back at it."

Last edited:
Top Bottom