Industrial injury lawyer recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had an accident at work nearly two years ago but because of person circumstances it's not Been the right time to put a claim in till now.

Can anybody recommend a firm that they have had a positive experience with?

Preferably in the Leicester area incase I need to make regular trips to see them. But any good recommendations will be appreciated

alicat

Legendary Member
You need a personal injury solicitor. Unhappily, plenty of people on here will have experience of using such solicitors. If I had another claim I would try Alyson France & Co in Merseyside. I know they are not local but it's unlikely you will have to make more than one visit to them.

Do bear in mind there is a three year limitation period from the date of the incident in which to bring proceedings. Any later than that and it will be nigh on impossible to bring a claim. So don't hang around.

gbb

Legendary Member
One minor and unlikely point I learned watching Can't Pay...was if you use a solicitors services on a no win no fee basis, they can and may charge you for services given if you decide to drop proceedings early.

vickster

Legendary Member
Leigh Day.
They're in London, Manchester and Liverpool. Not that I've ever been to their office, all email and phone

Being over 3 years into a Cycling injury claim, don't expect them to be quick! To be fair some of that is ongoing issues, but the medical review process really is painfully slow (not helped by the first 'expert' being crap so I'm now waiting to see yet another)

TVC

You have a pm.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
They're in London, Manchester and Liverpool. Not that I've ever been to their office, all email and phone

Being over 3 years into a Cycling injury claim, don't expect them to be quick! To be fair some of that is ongoing issues, but the medical review process really is painfully slow (not helped by the first 'expert' being crap so I'm now waiting to see yet another)

What makes you think that they never travel out of their offices? People just asked for a recommendation and I'm giving it - I'm not going to say the full reasons why, maybe in a year or two or three. Cycling injury I'd have gone with the other recommendations on here, workplace, probably Leigh Day.

Workplace injury claims certainly are slow, one on the site I used to work on there was an injury it was dealt with the union and still hasn't been resolved I think a year and a half later. I certainly wouldn't have recommended going through that union having been a rep for them, but there you go - the person felt they had no choice.

Brains

Legendary Member

Under English law the wheels of justice turn very slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine

vickster

Legendary Member
I'm only using Leigh Day as a BC member

The OP did express an interest for a firm with an office in Leicester. Hence, pointing out LD aren't there, nothing else :smile:

The slowness may not be a negative for me, as the shoulder issue didn't get linked to the accident for nearly 2 years!

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I'm only using Leigh Day as a BC member

The OP did express an interest for a firm with an office in Leicester. Hence, pointing out LD aren't there, nothing else :smile:

The slowness may not be a negative for me, as the shoulder issue didn't get linked to the accident for nearly 2 years!

I'm certainly not in BC so had no idea that that was the case. I've heard people recommend various other things. Interesting, as doesn't totally surprise me as Leigh Day promote themselves as their own brand where it suits and at other times (work for particular trade unions) they promote themselves as being the inhouse legal people or contracted for x,y,z. Fingers in many pies.

Top Bottom