Ineos Have Gone To The Dark Side😟😟

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Good morning,

Yup, you are pretty much right.

The rear mech is the wireless receiver and "brains" and the front mech isn't wireless, but there isn't actually a wire directly from the rear mech to the front mech.

There is a wire from the battery to the front mech and a wire from the battery to the rear mech, data and power are sent through these wires and some gubbins within the battery directs the data between the mechs.

There is a nice diagram on page 14 https://si.shimano.com/api/publish/storage/pdf/en/dm/RAGN010/DM-RAGN010-00-ENG.pdf

Slightly worrying is that the rear mech now contains the charging port, here's hoping that this doesn't turn out to be a weak spot.

Bye

Ian

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The rear mech is the wireless receiver and "brains"
Odd that they put the brains in vulnerable dangly bits. ;)

Proto

Legendary Member
As these high end group sets are a relatively small proportion of the market and if all the pros are riding disc brakes who is going to want to offer rim brakes? Sure there will be some but it doesn't seem unreasonable to suggest that this will be too small a number to justify the next generation of products so possibly when the early production runs are exhausted no more will be made.

Fellow I know worked for a while in a senior role at Cannondale. He told me the most important part of their business, and where they made their money, was the mid range stuff, £800 to £2000 bikes. The top end stuff was merely window dressing.

Good morning,

A CR1632 battery in each shifter.

For pro-teams that will carry a load in the spare parts bin, that's not a problem, for others it probably means buying some to sit in the draw and self discharge just before they are needed.:smile:

I have a few things that use CR2032s such as wireless speedos (speedometers not clothing) which would seem the more obvious choice.

Bye

Ian

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Good morning,

A CR1632 battery in each shifter.

For pro-teams that will carry a load in the spare parts bin, that's not a problem, for others it probably means buying some to sit in the draw and self discharge just before they are needed.:smile:

I have a few things that use CR2032s such as wireless speedos (speedometers not clothing) which would seem the more obvious choice.

Bye

Ian
Ah but a CR1632 weighs only 1.8g wherea's a CR2032 comes in at a whopping 3.1g ;)

Proto

Legendary Member
In other non news they’ve been putting air in their tyres

Not just air .............

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Not just air .............

View attachment 613716

Which Ineos riders are using Vittoria tyres with green foam?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
its funny how names change in the cycling world...the dark side used to refer to Mountain biking, then it switched to refer to riding disc brake bikes and now it refers to riding E bikes, i wonder what it will refer to next??

as for ineos, they will ride whatever gives them the edge over their competitors and always have

Top Bottom