Inflatable beds/water beds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scoobs

Regular
In my experience, it ain't going to happen. It costs money for traders to take waste to disposal sites. If a trader makes a decent profit on a £65 mattress, includes delivery and incurs costs on taking away and responsibly disposing your old one, they have bought it for buttons. Which might raise questions about how good the replacement actually is.
As far as I’m aware all local councils offer a facility to collect and properly dispose of bulky items. There is a charge but it isn’t prohibitive in my experience.
For example my local council;
  • Bulky waste (1-3 non-electrical items) - £22.00

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
As far as I’m aware all local councils offer a facility to collect and properly dispose of bulky items. There is a charge but it isn’t prohibitive in my experience.
For example my local council;
  • Bulky waste (1-3 non-electrical items) - £22.00
I suspect most if not all do, but Accy said he would like the deliverer of a mattress he had seen, to take it away. And at #38 appeared to rule out using the council.

Drago

Legendary Member
I'd like the deliverer of a new mattress take the old one away there and then. There's something about mattresses propped up against walls,waiting to be taken away that says 'scruffy git',even if the one who's put it there has done everything correctly like contacting the council asap,asking them to take it away. I don't want passers by gawping at my 'retro' 1970's mattress!:unsure:
The average old mattress is so full of sweat, skin, farts and sheet, that they weigh twice as much when they're binned as they do when new. That's a damn fine reason not to have one.

Drago

Legendary Member
Free here in Leicester. :becool:
But only because they subsidise the service by burgling your house.

Top Bottom