Inflatable beds/water beds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Ages of man
40 to 50 tri weekly
50 to 60 try weekly
Over 60 try weakly!
Over 70. It's fortnight (too weak)

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Take a look at Ikea mattresses for lower cost, good quality. We've got a stupidly expensive Tempur mattress, suits me, but MrsF hates it as it's too firm - it's sorted my back out after my accident. She want's to change it and we've only had it 4 years. Looks like we will have to go zip link - i.e. different firmness of mattress for each of us.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Take a look at Ikea mattresses for lower cost, good quality. We've got a stupidly expensive Tempur mattress, suits me, but MrsF hates it as it's too firm - it's sorted my back out after my accident. She want's to change it and we've only had it 4 years. Looks like we will have to go zip link - i.e. different firmness of mattress for each of us.
We purchased a bed and frame from IKEA last year and have been really pleased with it. It is the sort with under bed storage. We put a mattress topper on it to give extra snuggliness ( if that is even a word).
Five Stars, great seller, would buy again 😁

T4tomo

Legendary Member
My single mattress is wearing a bit thin. It was given to me 3 years ago by a friend who'd had it in her spare bedroom since the late 1970's without ever being used..so she told me. I'm thinking about buying a decent airbed instead of a conventional mattress. I'd like a water bed,but imagine if it leaked and the water went into the flat below! :whistle: I've spotted this for sale. https://activeera.com/products/air-...q7iPLvmAM3NR3rQo5ZVNs12AEk6S6q1BoCZ0AQAvD_BwE It has a built in pump that takes 2 minutes to inflate the thing,so no half an hour of foot pumping to inflate it. What do you reckon about airbeds? 🤔
not at your age, it will knacker your back

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
A mattress from the 70s :eek:

Is it a brown and orange floral pattern?

I can't believe anyone except the most reclusive, tight-fisted, unaware pensioner would still be regularly sleeping on one!
Hey,how did you know?🤔

1620820834639.png

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just go to a decent bed shop and try a few proper mattresses, especially as you’ve said you have hip issues

I spotted some last Saturday. I wonder if the 65 quid includes delivery?🤔

1620821808788.png

1620821853208.png

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A £65 mattress will be crap but it’s your back you’ll be wrecking

Rather a bold assertion for something so personal.

I doubt any of us would say the same about a bicycle saddle.

My £99.99 special offer double mattress, bought on the hurry up as temporary measure, is still going strong.

I have slapped a memory foam topper on it, but it's staying while it remains comfortable.

There's always a risk you won't get on with any new mattress, whether it's fifty quid or 500.

vickster

Legendary Member
Just going by my own experience :okay:
I bought a new mattress last July...laid on about 10 if not 15 different ones...and made sure on the one I bought. It was by far and away the most comfortable for me. The really expensive Vi Spring ones were no good for me, but nor were the no name cheapies
I can't bear memory foam myself but some people like it.
If Accy can have a proper try of the £65 one and it works (for say 5 years), then cool. However, the photo looks like they are piled up wrapped in plastic outside a shop and not available for trial on a proper base

Actually in terms of back health, the base is as important as the mattress (as I was told by the surgeon who fixed my back 25 years ago!)

Top Bottom