Info on pricing a Ridgeback, please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Queen of swords

Hi I was wondering could anybody give me some advice on my late husbands bike, sad to say I have to sell it but have no idea on a price, I believe its 4 years old
20200122_121558.jpg

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I'm sorry to read of your loss.

http://findthatbike.co.uk/search.php?searching=yes&s=ridgeback+voyage might help see what they go for generally.

Similar bikes are selling for various prices... have you any idea of the original cost ? It's a beautiful bike.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Have a look on eBay to see what similar models sell for. Don't forget to mention the size when selling, that's the seat tube measured from the centre of the bottom bracket ,( the centre bit the pedals go through) to where the seat tube meets the top tube below the seat. Any idea of usage and general condition would be be useful to a prospective buyer. Any specs you can get from the Ridgeback site would be good too.
Gumtree is free if you want to sell locally.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
So sorry to hear of your loss. As aforementioned, they're not the sexiest bikes but they're well thought out and effective machines with a loyal following. That model was about £900 back in the day, varying a little by retailer, and were I in the market I'd pay about half that for yours, assuming it is in as good order as it looks (alas, it's too small for me). But that's my own personal take.

The good news is that the typical buyer of that model is liable to know what they're about, so you're likely to get a keener rider come looking. That being the case they're more likely to appreciate the provenance and your reason for selling and thus look after it. A nice steel framed bike like that could go through several generations of riders and still provide good service, a piece of living history.

Good luck.

OP
OP
Q

Queen of swords

So sorry to hear of your loss. As aforementioned, they're not the sexiest bikes but they're well thought out and effective machines with a loyal following. That model was about £900 back in the day, varying a little by retailer, and were I in the market I'd pay about half that for yours, assuming it is in as good order as it looks (alas, it's too small for me). But that's my own personal take.

The good news is that the typical buyer of that model is liable to know what they're about, so you're likely to get a keener rider come looking. That being the case they're more likely to appreciate the provenance and your reason for selling and thus look after it. A nice steel framed bike like that could go through several generations of riders and still provide good service, a piece of living history.

Good luck.

Thankyou for your input, my husband was as sexy as hell so no sexy bike, no problem ^_^

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Top Bottom