Information on my inherited Europa racing bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
F

fonduler

Regular
no home repairs for this baby lol -bike shop for her
Thanks we can see it much more clearly now. I would say based on the components (SunTour with ARX 4300 derailleur) the bike dates from around the mid eighties. Never seen a full ARX group set on a bike before, this was at a time when Shimano dominated the market and Suntour were trying to break their monopoly. Be careful if replacing the derailleur cable, the clamp bolt had a tendency to strip if overtightened.
Interesting bike and in lovely condition for its age.
Would it be ok 2 degrease the chain and gears and relubricate

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Yes, vinegar would be good to remove the rust spots and then touch in with some paint. Rather than clean and grease the chain perhaps a new chain? All you’ll need is a chain cutter. In fact most of work it needs is very simple and straightforward so could done by you. New cables inners and outers, bartape. Tyres and inner tubes might need replacing. The only thing you might need the bike shop for is if the spokes are loose and need truing. YouTube is your friend when doing these jobs.
Good luck.

OP
OP
F

fonduler

Regular
Yes, vinegar would be good to remove the rust spots and then touch in with some paint. Rather than clean and grease the chain perhaps a new chain? All you’ll need is a chain cutter. In fact most of work it needs is very simple and straightforward so could done by you. New cables inners and outers, bartape. Tyres and inner tubes might need replacing. The only thing you might need the bike shop for is if the spokes are loose and need truing. YouTube is your friend when doing these jobs.
Good luck.
hahaha thank you =I could do a uni course on you tube - great information most appreciated:hello:

Top Bottom