Information on my inherited Europa racing bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
F

fonduler

Regular
Looking for any information on my Europa racing bike:hello:

Attachments

• IMG_20200616_111327.jpg
    IMG_20200616_111327.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20200616_111433.jpg
    IMG_20200616_111433.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 10

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Presumably you’re in Aus. One of our members from down under might recognise the brand and will comment but all I can say is it looks like a quality steel framed bike from possibly from the eighties/ninetie. If you could post some pictures of the components we might be able to date it rather better. Looks like an in-house brand which would have been made specially for Europa.
Welcome to the forum.

Edit: After a bit of digging it appears the frames for these bikes were made in Italy. You’ll have better luck on a local bike forum, here’s a bit about A Europa on an Australian forum https://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50009

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fonduler

Regular
I think we meed more information and some photos.
OK thank you - I dont know a lot about bikes -UKAI rims front -AHAYA rims rear -Michelin pro 3 tires -Shimano brakes- Suntour Gears 12 speed i think- and a bell haha i thought the bell was a bit strange - It was made in Australia by by EUROPA BIKES Ltd ,ANZAC PARADE,KINGSFORD,SYDNEY ,AUSTRALIA

OP
OP
F

fonduler

Regular
Presumably you’re in Aus. One of our members from down under might recognise the brand and will comment but all I can say is it looks like a quality steel framed bike from possibly from the eighties/ninetie. If you could post some pictures of the components we might be able to date it rather better. Looks like an in-house brand which would have been made specially for Europa.
Welcome to the forum.

Edit: After a bit of digging it appears the frames for these bikes were made in Italy. You’ll have better luck on a local bike forum, here’s a bit about A Europa on an Australian forum https://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50009
Cheers

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Thanks we can see it much more clearly now. I would say based on the components (SunTour with ARX 4300 derailleur) the bike dates from around the mid eighties. Never seen a full ARX group set on a bike before, this was at a time when Shimano dominated the market and Suntour were trying to break their monopoly. Be careful if replacing the derailleur cable, the clamp bolt had a tendency to strip if overtightened.
Interesting bike and in lovely condition for its age.

Last edited:
Top Bottom