Injured cyclist in Harborne - police appeal to identify him, can you help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Birmingham police say: " Can you help us identify this man who has been seriously injured when he came off his bicycle in Harborne yesterday morning? The man in his 70s, who we believe had a medical episode, suffered a head injury when he collapsed in Station Road at about 10.25am. He's currently in a critical but stable condition in hospital. Officers are working to identify him and his next of kin, as we're concerned he may be a carer for someone. If you recognise him or the bike he was riding call us on 101 or message live chat quoting log 1135 of 5 May."

View: https://twitter.com/brumpolice/status/1390263138369609730?s=20

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have passed the appeal on to a couple I know there.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Its a reminder to carry something that identifies you. In my wallet I have a piece of sailcloth with my emergency contacts on. I have had it for years. I have just looked at it and reminded myself I need to update it.

I hope this guy finds his family and makes a full recovery.

scragend

Its a reminder to carry something that identifies you. In my wallet I have a piece of sailcloth with my emergency contacts on. I have had it for years. I have just looked at it and reminded myself I need to update it.

Definitely. I had an accident about three years ago where I was cycling alone at night, hit a hole in the road and went over the handlebars. Hit my head and smashed my face up a bit. Fortunately a passing ambulance witnessed it and stopped and picked me up. Apparently I was conscious enough to give them details of my next of kin before I passed out. To this day I still have no memory of the incident, I just remember coming round in hospital.

I was lucky, there was no lasting damage. Just a couple of battle scars! But I wasn't carrying any ID so if I hadn't been able to give them my details I could have been in the same boat as this chap. I now have one of the OneLifeID wristbands that I wear when I am on the bike.

I suppose it's one of the things that you don't really think about, until it happens to you.

Bicycle Bertha

Birmingham police say: " Can you help us identify this man who has been seriously injured when he came off his bicycle in Harborne yesterday morning? The man in his 70s, who we believe had a medical episode, suffered a head injury when he collapsed in Station Road at about 10.25am. He's currently in a critical but stable condition in hospital. Officers are working to identify him and his next of kin, as we're concerned he may be a carer for someone. If you recognise him or the bike he was riding call us on 101 or message live chat quoting log 1135 of 5 May."

View: https://twitter.com/brumpolice/status/1390263138369609730?s=20

This man has been identified and my brother-in-law was contacted as next of kin. Sadly the cyclist passed away about a week later.

Bicycle Bertha

I have passed this on to friends in the area. 🤞

Top Bottom