injury help

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by berty bassett, 9 Aug 2012.

  1. berty bassett

    berty bassett Guru

    hi sorry to bother everyone again but 2 weeks ago i had a tumble and landed on hip and elbow . i left it a week till i could take it no more and went doctors where he sent me straight to hospital for a xray - nothing broken but the doctor there said - whats that swelling on your hip ? i dont think he liked the answer - your the the doctor- and i was given the all clear with no bones broken . however the swelling on the hip if anything has got bigger - where do i go - back to docs or to some other practice say more to do with muscle damage or something like that . i really dont know where i should be thinking of going as it certainly aint right - or should i just keep quiet and put up with it for a bit longer
  2. Pauluk

    Pauluk Senior Member

    It may just be soft tissue damage but I'd go back to your GP if you are concerned and see if he can give you any idea or advice. Certainly don't leave it much longer if its not improving.
  3. Michael8

    Michael8 Regular

    Walton, Liverpool
    If not the Docs then go to an NHS walk in centre, I went with cracked ribs and they were very helpful. Also phone the NHS helpline to talk to a nurse. Both these systems are meant to take the pressure off your doctor and you'll get the same answer.
  4. fossyant

    fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

    South Manchester
    A&E and explain that it's got more and more swollen. That is if you have no access to other centres.
  5. Crankarm

    Crankarm Guru

    Nr Cambridge
    Agree. Make sure you get an X-Ray of the damaged area.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice