Injury & recovery is hard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
@lanternerouge I am in a similar situation for different reasons. Put my back out October 18th. Got the lurgy December 20th.
Bad back turned into sciatica.
Lurgy virtually gone now though still 'chesty'.
Sciatica is easing although my back is aching today.
I had set a target of a ride this weekend but the weather has killed that idea so am hoping for a 10/15 miler when & if the bl**dy rain ever stops :wacko:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ouch!! Swift recovery.

I broke my collar bone on the 11th May 2018, five weeks before my 68th birthday. A bit of a sanddrift on a bend in the road in Brazil. We don't see sand on the roads in the West Riding of Yorkshire. Local A and E looked after me very well, we had to use Google Translate to talk to each other! The following September, back here, physiotherapy started, and I was back riding the bike on the 24th of that month. The bike suffered no damage at all.

Did you have it plated?

I had a gift-with-purchase frozen shoulder as well. The first surgeon I saw wanted to operate on that before plating the clavicle! Bonkers. I endured three months of miserable non-union before he agreed it needed plating then admitted he had a two-month waiting list. At that point I rang another surgeon who did the plate a week later.

Old jon

Guru
Did you have it plated?

It never occurred to me to ask. In fact, I have never heard of this option. My right ankle/ fib or tib was screwed together in the mid 80s, but I did not know collar bones were done in the same fashion. I persuaded the GP to let the screw be taken out one year later, due to my concern about possible future impacts.

Globalti

Legendary Member
About 85% of collar bones do knit albeit sometimes crookedly. Mine needed a bit of help. I was relieved to get it done and start heading towards recovery.

Top Bottom