Inner Tubes 28

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
They'll be fine

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Should do the job.

Schwalbe market their tubes as individually pressure tested, but they are usually closer to a fiver and probably no better.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
They should be perfectly fine, whenever I ask the LBS for a tube or two they tend to offer a binary choice between an expensive one (usually Michelin) or a basic one. I do tend to get the cheap one, the no-name brand (or at least a name that I don't recognise).
I've had dearer tubes from Conti and Michelin, I can't say I notice a difference.

I am way more discerning about the tyres themselves.

vickster

Legendary Member
You can use on a roadbike with Presta fitting with 25-32mm tyres. 60mm is a long valve though so although easy to use, they may look a little out of place with thinner, non deep dish rims (if you care about such things)

Globalti

Legendary Member
I bet they all come from the same factory in Taiwan and just get packed in the packaging supplied by the brand owner.

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
Hi there

Further to my original post, this is the bike I have bought. The question is - do I need inner tubes with a long valve?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200203_174930_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_20200203_174930_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20200203_174909_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    Screenshot_20200203_174909_com.facebook.katana.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 4

vickster

Legendary Member
How long are the current ones (measure with tape measure) and are they the right length for you (there looks to be plenty to attach the pump head to, but you're the one pumping up the tyre)? Simples :okay:

OP
OP
G

Glasgow44

Veteran
How long are the current ones (measure with tape measure) and are they the right length for you (there looks to be plenty to attach the pump head to, but you're the one pumping up the tyre)? Simples :okay:

I know to measure them but I'm not sure how much of the valve is hidden in the wheel - they don't look like deep rims though but I need to be sure

vickster

Legendary Member
I know to measure them but I'm not sure how much of the valve is hidden in the wheel - they don't look like deep rims though but I need to be sure
You'll have to take the tyre off, at least the bit around the valve...easy, just let air out of tyre.

It's always good to practice changing tubes on new rims anyhow before you go out for long rides ime :smile:

Top Bottom