Inner tubes - which ones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldcoast

I was just looking online for some spare inner tubes and apart from all the different brands/types I noticed they have long valve ones, how do I know if I need the long or normal valve ones?:blush:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Measure the depth of your rims or measure the valve length on your current tubes!

OP
OP
Goldcoast

Goldcoast

Why can't I never find a ruler when I want one, anyway I'm pretty sure i need just the normal - looked up deep rims online line and can see why you would need the long valves. (I'm only running fulcrum 7's)
cheers!!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
If you have a fixed head pump (rather than one with a screw-on hose), you need a certain amount of valve length to get the pump head to seal. If the valve length is short (and even if you don't have deep rims), it can be a bit of a fiddle when you try and inflate a tube from flat. I try and get tubes with long valves.

wakou

Über Member
Fulcrum 7 ... try using 48mm valves... :smile: It is an utter pain trying to attach a pump to a tiny bit of valve, especially when out on the road

Ningishzidda

If the tube is flat enough for the valve to be pushed in by the pump connector, it is flat enough for your thumb to compress the tyre immediately behind the valve.

Top Bottom