Insulted by a mouse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just pulled open the kitchen drawer with the bin in it, and there ambling around on top of the rubbish was a mouse. Did it panic? Did it freak? Did it run in terror? No. It looked up at me with a sort of 'if it's all the same to you, would you mind closing the drawer?' look, and then carried on about its business. I've never been so insulted in my life.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just pulled open the kitchen drawer with the bin in it, and there ambling around on top of the rubbish was a mouse. Did it panic? Did it freak? Did it run in terror? No. It looked up at me with a sort of 'if it's all the same to you, would you mind closing the drawer?' look, and then carried on about its business. I've never been so insulted in my life.
Previous tenant of @slowmotion's?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering

Flick of the Elbow would call that, 'gross impertinence'.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
We had mice who lived in the garden due to the bird feeders. A rat came along and killed them all.
I was gutted!! They were a joy to watch as they went about their day to day lives.

So yes, leave mousey alone...... Unless its at detriment to your bike of course.

You might be happy to have the involuntary incontinent rodents pissing and crapping on your food but the rest of us take food hygiene seriously.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
You might be happy to have the involuntary incontinent rodents pissing and crapping on your food but the rest of us take food hygiene seriously.

Acht, if you grew up with my family, you'd know a few pissy rodents are the least of my worries!! :giggle:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
To be fair, ours never came in the house, they lived outside and in the greenhouse/shed. What dropped from the birdfeeders was enough to sustain several generations of them until that bloody rat came and either killed them or scared them away.

We had the rat killed, and yes, I know people like them and all, but it destroyed such a lovely thing to watch from day to day.

Last edited:
The occasional mouse problem disappeared with the arrival of the cat. The cat is feckin' useless and wouldn't know what to do if it actually came across a mouse, but thats ok as the mice don't know that - at least yet anyway. Cat will happily lay in middle of the lawn with birds hopping about it and only bothers itself to stalk and chase other cats out the garden.

Excellent. Problem solved. We now have furballs, hair and stinky food, followed by stinky litter tray. But no more rodent droppings, so thats ok then.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
There's loads of anecdotal stuff on CC about mice. Try the Search box.

My personal, lengthy jihad led me to these conclusions...

1) 'Humane traps' are useless
2) Poison seemed to be untouched. I tried four different ones.
3) Old school wooden Nipper traps are absolute junk
4) The Rentokil Advanced mousetrap is pretty good, mainly due to the hair trigger.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rentokil-Advanced-Mouse-Trap-Twin/dp/B000T5N0JE

5) What to use as bait is an endless subject of debate. Nutella, peanut butter, bird seed etc. Google the subject and you will come up with pages of advice.
6) Flush them down the WC.

GCHQ is probably monitoring this forum. When they break down the front door at 3:45 am, make them a nice cup of tea and get them to employ their Heckler and Kochs on the Real Enemy.

Top Bottom