Insurance companies.....again....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PK99

Legendary Member
I've posted here a number of times about good experiences with insurance companies.

Another...

D2's mobile phone started playing up.

Took it into Phone shop who pointed at the spot on the battery "Its' pink = water damage, not covered by warranty" Fair enough.

Time to claim on Endsleigh Student policy... but she was heading out to USA for 4 months a few days later so, had to risk taking it with her. A week or so in, phone died completely.

She called me, I called Endsleigh. Who needed to have the phone in their possession before considering claim.

Problem. Phone is in USA and policy would have run out on her return and living at home she would not be renewing. So a lodged a claim for D2 to progress on her return.

When she got back and worked out which way was up, she phoned Endsleigh. They collected phone last friday and emailed yesterday to say it was water damage and not repairable so they would replace.

Today new phone arrived - an upgrade on the damaged phone (LG G4 to replace LG G3). Only cost the £50 policy excess. No quibbles, arguments or wriggles about progressing the claim outside the policy period.

Just what you want an insurance company to do. Prompt, efficient no quibbles service.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Never mind the good service. How did D2 get the battery wet? Not something I would expect to happen without being aware of the incident!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I have to hold my hands up and admit to running my old Nokia 112 through a 40°c wash cycle once. In my defence, I rinsed and dried the phone and it continued to give faultless service for a couple more years.

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
Never mind the good service. How did D2 get the battery wet? Not something I would expect to happen without being aware of the incident!

She has no idea, but was a student at the time so alcohol induced amnesia is a distinct possibility.

OP
OP
P

PK99

Legendary Member
Endsleigh have a good reputation - basically they're used to dealing with students and having to cope with all sports of bizarre claims. Their cover is slightly more expensive than what you might get elsewhere if you shop round - but sometimes the good customer service is worth that little extra.

Exactly. You get what you pay for, in insurance as with anything else.

I (and now my kids) never buy insurance on price alone. And have never had any quibble about any claim.

Top Bottom