Insurance cost and occupation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
I've also noticed that not all online quotes or comparison sites ask about advanced driving qualifications either, another risk-reduction factor they may not ask because lower risk means they should charge you less.

One of my father's favourite rants. He worked for General Accident, now part of Aviva, and was always being asked why advanced drivers didn't get cheaper insurance. He took great delight in informing anyone who asked this that drivers who identified themselves as advanced motorists had worse insurance claim records that the general population.
His pet theory was that a large proportion of crashes (excluding parking shunts etc) were caused by showing off. This explained the poor accident record of young male drivers. Most of them grow up, but the ones with fancy cars, personalised plates and 'advanced' driving qualifications clearly haven't.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The proposer and their occupation is only part of the story.

We are all at risk from being clouted by an uninsured driver, or theft, or casual vandalism.

Even if the perfect advanced driver would say an accident with an insured driver could not possibly be his fault, insurance companies often settle on a knock for knock basis.

Thus the advanced driver's company still has to pay out something.

The proposer and their occupation is only part of the story.

We are all at risk from being clouted by an uninsured driver, or theft, or casual vandalism.

Even if the perfect advanced driver would say an accident with an insured driver could not possibly be his fault, insurance companies often settle on a knock for knock basis.

Thus the advanced driver's company still has to pay out something.
That is what I don't get ! "Uninsured driver!". If 10% of our premium goes to pay for their damage then surely they are insured ?

Levo-Lon

Guru
Car insurance in UK where floods are happening or might. I'd think this may top out policy prices , already or very soon even if your a Nun

Vets and jockeys pay a lot.

Our policies seem quite cheap, maintenance worker ,admin manager cars off road and 10k miles per annum.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Top Bottom