Insurance it's like one big game.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bruce1530

Guru
Changed house insurers last year, getting the price down quite a bit in the process. £180.

This year’s renewal, with no changes: £245

Running it through a comparison website, for same cover: £155.
With the same company that I’m currently with!

D

Deleted member 26715

My car insurance came through the other day, gone up by £15, used a comparison site, existing insurer came back at last years price ie £15 cheaper, another company is £15 cheaper than that, but as I've got it for sale I don't really want to take one out only to cancel it before it starts, I'm sure there will be some small print that will cost me a kidney if I do.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
My car insurance is due for renewal at the beginning of next month. I contacted my present insurer for the new quote , same details as last year, and he said : £258. It was less than £200 last year so went on line and found one with for £176 so guess who is going to have my business next month?

Drago

Legendary Member
176 sheets? Flipping hell, do you have 35 points on your licence or list your profession as "conscript Syrian infantryman"? My old bus is group 40 and doesn't cost that much.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
176 sheets? Flipping hell, do you have 35 points on your licence or list your profession as "conscript Syrian infantryman"? My old bus is group 40 and doesn't cost that much.
Clean licence, no convictions, 9 years+ no claim and my wife as well as additional driver.

Venod

Eh up
Stuck with aviva for a while now as they have been good policies and get multi policy discount , they even matched my car insurance against the mrs price wise when she stopped driving as i was a named driver on the policy i kept the NCD
Plus one for Aviva, I have had the battles with various companies about renewal, but Aviva have been very good for a few year now, I think I have had to threaten to leave just once.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Plus one for Aviva, I have had the battles with various companies about renewal, but Aviva have been very good for a few year now, I think I have had to threaten to leave just once.
bit of a bump. work mate had a yoof dent his car, yoofs fault but uninsured so mate has to claim on his insurenace, avivia put his renewal up from£400 odd to over £900 for the 2 cars on the policy

Drago

Legendary Member
You chum should have claimed from the MIB, who exist to cover the cost of whoopsies caused by uninsured or unidentified drivers.

Venod

Eh up
bit of a bump. work mate had a yoof dent his car, yoofs fault but uninsured so mate has to claim on his insurenace, avivia put his renewal up from£400 odd to over £900 for the 2 cars on the policy
That's out of order, a while ago, Mrs Venod damaged the back end of an Audi we had insured with Saga, it looked bad so I rang Saga and told them I would get an estimate for repair, it turned out to be a lot less than the excess, so I told them we wouldn't be making a claim, come renewal time the policy increase was ridiculous, I asked them why, they said it was because we had reported a bump, but I said we hadn't made a claim, it made no difference, needless to say they didn't get my business and never have since despite being bombarded by their offers, be careful what you tell them.

vickster

Legendary Member
I’d be making the yoof pay? was yoof driving uninsured? Or was the idiot walking on the roof :rolleyes:
Can MIB help?

vickster

Legendary Member
That's out of order, a while ago, Mrs Venod damaged the back end of an Audi we had insured with Saga, it looked bad so I rang Saga and told them I would get an estimate for repair, it turned out to be a lot less than the excess, so I told them we wouldn't be making a claim, come renewal time the policy increase was ridiculous, I asked them why, they said it was because we had reported a bump, but I said we hadn't made a claim, it made no difference, needless to say they didn't get my business and never have since despite being bombarded by their offers, be careful what you tell them.
That’s normal. And you are obliged to report any accident to your insurers whether you claim or not.
Especially if there was someone in the other vehicle who could report to their insurer and make a claim, even a personal injury claim

Venod

Eh up
That’s normal. And you are obliged to report any accident to your insurers whether you claim or not.
Especially if there was someone in the other vehicle who could report to their insurer and make a claim, even a personal injury claim
But she scrapped a wall on our property, no other parties involved.

Top Bottom