Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickg

Über Member
Does anybody have liability insurance for themselves? was just looking at the Essex Castle ride in bike events and they advise you having it. So was just wondering if anybody does?

sabian92

Über Member
You can get it through British Cycling for about 30 quid a year. Worth having just in case.

Lots of people on here are insured (either 3rd party or for theft as well) and it's always come in handy if something happens.

sidevalve

Über Member
Third party insurance is really a bit of a must in these days of "claim for everything". I admit that cyclists are far less likely to cause an accident than probably any other vehicle but the costs involved if you do can be astronomical. Even small amounts of damage to [for example] a car wing mirror, could cost several hundred pounds and if you should hit a pedestrian [wether or not they are really injured ] the claims will come thick and fast and may be in the thousands. You may be covered be household insurance but if not it would pay to be safe. As to insuring for theft etc, that is really up to you and the value of your bike.

oldroadman

Veteran
Litigious age. Never go out without third party cover. That way you get to keep the house and other stuff you like (such as some money in the bank account). BC looks a good deal now on the "Ride" membership, insurance and other bits as well, plus you get members area access to the website which can be useful.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
If you are a club member you can often get your 1st year of BC membership pretty cheap due to a substantial discount, I seem to recall £18 being mentioned, but that could be just me making things up, the discount however is definitely substantial.

I think the offer may have ended. I have just put in all my details and no discount offered on payment page, and that's being a member of two affiliated clubs!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I think the offer may have ended. I have just put in all my details and no discount offered on payment page, and that's being a member of two affiliated clubs!

Ask your club, we had some forms or codes sent out to the racing secretary. I will ask him if they are still valid, if they are get your club onto it!

Top Bottom