Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Houthakker

A Happy Wanderer
Does anybody know who does insurance for a cyclist who might get injured by a third party?
Also what happens if an uninsured person causes a accident to you whilst you are on your bike.
(Mrs H here wanting some information) thanks

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
British Cycling an the CTC both offer third party insurance with membership,

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Look at the top of this forum, where there's what is (I like to think) a useful sticky.

Blue

Legendary Member
The MIB (Motor Insurers Bureau) deal with claims against uninsured motorists.

You may be able to add a decent level of PA cover to your home insurance if you need that.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
I understand that this is you damaging a third party, not a third party damaging you. You need personal injury insurance for the latter

British Cycling offer a range of memberships some which not only insure you against damaging a third party but also personal accident insurance which provides cash payments if you are hospitalised overnight. Lump sum payments are also provided for death and permanent disability but loss of earnings and medical expenses are not covered under this policy.

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes but not with the basic memberships, maybe the racing one or as an additional premium

oldroadman

Veteran
Yes but not with the basic memberships, maybe the racing one or as an additional premium
Then aren't basic memberships about £15/20? How much insurance do you get for £20 nowadays? I think the non-racing membership includes insurance and more importantly, legal support for genuine claims?

vickster

Legendary Member
£28 ride membership through BC only gives 3rd party as I said and legal advice

Gold at £66 covers you as Mr haematocrit says

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/membership

http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/legalandinsurance

vickster

Legendary Member
Still no personal injury cover though, which I think the OP is seeking. Just liability if racing over the Ride

Top Bottom