Insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
LCC used to offer for £11 a year but I think they've withdrawn and only full membership available

Wiggle Assist looks to be ok value at £24 a year (and with 20% off this month) but as with all of these read the Ts &Cs about what is covered or not, what you would get or have to pay in the event of a claim etc. E.g. Their personal liability is up to £1m, while BC is £10m

https://cycleinsurance2.wiggle.co.u...1.1550447230.1538818024-1368774136.1357469687
Yeah, LCC is now bundled like CTC and BC.

TSB and Lexham are two oft recommended standalones but I think you have to call one or both if you're not wanting theft insurance.

If you comply with the small print of many cycle insurance policies - you bikes probably won't get nicked anyway.

I brought one of these instead
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bicycle-wa...2616258&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=bike+trap&psc=1

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If you comply with the small print of many cycle insurance policies - you bikes probably won't get nicked anyway.

I brought one of these instead
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bicycle-wa...2616258&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=bike+trap&psc=1

hmmm..I do like it, it's a good idea. But the screws into the wall is a very weak point is it not? I don't think it would take much effort to pull that off a wall to take the bike and lock and deal with the lock later with an angle grinder.

Anyhoo.. I got myself one of these Asgard beauties to stash in my secret bunker.
access_bike_storage_2.jpg

hmmm..I do like it, it's a good idea. But the screws into the wall is a very weak point is it not? I don't think it would take much effort to pull that off a wall to take the bike and lock and deal with the lock later with an angle grinder.

Anyhoo.. I got myself one of these Asgard beauties to stash in my secret bunker.
View attachment 439551

The biketrap comes with security bolts - you hammer stars into the screw head after wards - so you can't unscrew it. Its a garage with an alarm, so if they get past alarm and somehow pull rack off wall, well they would probably get most things.
It beefs up my security - and is very quick to lock \ unlock - which is important to me. I don't think anything is 100%

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The biketrap comes with security bolts - you hammer stars into the screw head after wards - so you can't unscrew it. Its a garage with an alarm, so if they get past alarm and somehow pull rack off wall, well they would probably get most things.
It beefs up my security - and is very quick to lock \ unlock - which is important to me. I don't think anything is 100%

Yep, it is a good option. My Asgard shed is also in my garage. But it is a complete faff putting a bike in there every evening after my commute so is for my other and my partners bikes. The Biketrap would be a good secondary option for me for the daily commuter.

Top Bottom