Interest Rates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
A lot of posters with the mulligrubs in this thread.

Chislenko

Veteran
I've just put a bit into a one fixed savings account with Investec.
4.15%
Time will tell if I should have waited a month or two for 7%!

It's just so hard to tell sometimes. I have three one year bonds ( bought end of last year / beginning of this at rubbish rates) which I am waiting to mature so I just hope the rates stay relatively high for a few months.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Getting the timing right to take out a longer term fixed bond if you can afford to tie your money up for a while could be quite useful if you can take one out just before they do start to go down (if they ever do).

Definitely a timing issue!

We have big decisions to make later this year and twice next year.

An educated roll of the dice will be the order of the day. 🙂

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I've just put a bit into a one year fixed savings account with Investec.
4.15%
Time will tell if I should have waited a month or two for 7%!

I'm doing the same but finding them really difficult to communicate with. How long did they take to set your account up after you completed your application?

Their "Live Chat" is a complete joke, they don't like email, and they won't use a phone. It's tricky.

All uphill

Still rolling along
I'm doing the same but finding them really difficult to communicate with. How long did they take to set your account up after you completed your application?

Their "Live Chat" is a complete joke, they don't like email, and they won't use a phone. It's tricky.

That doesn't sound good!

It took me about 20 minutes to complete the application and the account was created immediately.

Top Bottom