Interest rates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
I've got a 90 day notice account with Oak North which has gone up to 4.7% today, not sure if they have a 60 day or not though.

One annoyance I have, I have an ISA with Shawbrook, I get annoyed when they bring out a new issue with a better rate and don't give the same rate to my issue. I know I could change it but I shouldn't need to. If you've got an ISA with them, you should get the same rate whichever version you have. :angry:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Have a look here: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest/#easyaccess
(and carry on down for the notice & fixed term options)

vickster

Legendary Member

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
One annoyance I have, I have an ISA with Shawbrook, I get annoyed when they bring out a new issue with a better rate and don't give the same rate to my issue. I know I could change it but I shouldn't need to. If you've got an ISA with them, you should get the same rate whichever version you have. :angry:

Yes, Shawbrook do the same with their Easy Access accounts and it annoys me too. Thanks to reading your post I’ve just checked and there’s a significant difference between the interest rate on their latest issue and the previous issue which I have. I’m tired of having to check this every few weeks and so I’m thinking of moving this Easy Access account to a different bank.

notmyrealnamebutclose

I've got a 90 day notice account with Oak North which has gone up to 4.7% today, not sure if they have a 60 day or not though.

Thanx, 90 day notice showing @ 4.36% montly just now
Coventry BS, up to 4 withdrawals a year, think it’s 4.3% if monthly interest
Thanx have or had a poppy account there for years only they've sinced wrapped that one up recently. Should be easy to open
for me being already registered there.

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanx have or had a poppy account there for years only they've sinced wrapped that one up recently. Should be easy to open
for me being already registered there.

Yeah I’ve had a few accounts with them, they’re good at raising interest rates swiftly where eligible too

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Yes, Shawbrook do the same with their Easy Access accounts and it annoys me too. Thanks to reading your post I’ve just checked and there’s a significant difference between the interest rate on their latest issue and the previous issue which I have. I’m tired of having to check this every few weeks and so I’m thinking of moving this Easy Access account to a different bank.

I'm the same, going to give them another week to see if they match it, if not, bye bye Shawbrook.

Skipton BS have a regular saver for members at 7%, limited to £250p/m for 12months but seems pretty good.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Skipton BS have a regular saver for members at 7%, limited to £250p/m for 12months but seems pretty good.

First Direct do the same @7% but £300/month

These deals fool many people (not suggesting you two) with their high % figure with only eg the first £250 earning the full 7% and the last £250 earning very little (and all stops inbetween diminishing as they go).

First Direct do the same @7% but £300/month
Nice. If it was just me on my own I'd consider switching but I do POA for someone and so I bank with the same bank as them, it makes things easier, plus they want a bank with branches.
These deals fool many people (not suggesting you two) with their high % figure with only eg the first £250 earning the full 7% and the last £250 earning very little (and all stops inbetween diminishing as they go).
Its the full amount, I did check!
:okay:
Thats very underhand, though not surprising for some banks.

Skipton have been pretty good with me, I emptied my savings last year when (first time) buying but am glad I kept a small amount with them.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Nice. If it was just me on my own I'd consider switching but I do POA for someone and so I bank with the same bank as them, it makes things easier, plus they want a bank with branches.

Its the full amount, I did check!

View attachment 701149 Thats very underhand, though not surprising for some banks.

Skipton have been pretty good with me, I emptied my savings last year when (first time) buying but am glad I kept a small amount with them.

Sorry @wiggydiggy but I don't understand what you mean by 'full amount' l?

FYI - here are the actual interest amounts earned on these accounts (source MSE):

Screenshot_20230801_194413_Chrome.jpg

Sorry @wiggydiggy but I don't understand what you mean by 'full amount' l?

FYI - here are the actual interest amounts earned on these accounts (source MSE):

View attachment 701153

Annual Interest 7.50% gross pa/AER Interest is earned daily and paid on the anniversary of account opening.

That's from Skipton BS, by full amount I mean that 7.5% is earned daily on whatever the balance is at that time. I couldn't see any small print that you only get it on the 1st payment and then it goes down.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Top Bottom