Interesting App

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

busman

I recently discovered an app called My Virtual Mission. Basically you plot a route anywhere in the world and with every ride you do you can either enter the distance manually or link your strava. After each ride you'll be told how far along your route you have gone and whether your ahead of schedule etc. Well worth a look.

Lonestar

Veteran
Only one thing,I don't have strada..........:stop:

rualexander

Legendary Member
No point really. Just shows how far along a route you have ridden.
Yeah but it doesn't, it shows how far along a route you haven't ridden, seems pretty odd to me.

FitBit does this as part of the incentives

For instance the Helicopter badge is awarded when the number of stairs reaches the height a helicoter would fly

l650073624.jpg

They also do distance badges as well
2015-01-18-18-12-58.png

Hwever they tend to be distances independent of your location as the system has no GPS

Having said that I love these spoofs

oDvwfitbitbadgetoddler.png

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
IIRC Albert Speer did something similar in his prison cell.
Another guy decided to cycle round the world on a static bike in his living room. When the first gulf war broke out he actually diverted around the conflict zone!

Nothing new here really except it's in app form .... Yawn.

MVM

Hi guys, Adam here from My Virtual Mission.

This popped up in my brand monitor so thought I'd pop in and say hi and clarify any questions your community might have about the app.

The core premise behind My Virtual Mission is to offer users a tool to increase focus and motivation for distance based exercise. That app lets you plot a long distance "virtual mission" on a map and then make progress towards reaching it by adding up each exercise session you do. It's a nice way to visualize progress towards a goal - see how far you've been and how far you've got to go.

Here is an example of a father and son cycling from Canada to Central America. http://www.myvirtualmission.com/missions/1911/heading-for-central-america

MVM doesn't track your rides with GPS. There are already a bazillion awesome "measure my ride" type apps out there that do that and you can link most of these to your mission via Apple Health of Google Fit. In saying that, we are looking to build in a simple GPS tracker in response to user feedback.

Fire away if you have any questions about the app which is free and available on Apple and Android mobiles and also on the web. (There is a paid premium service also available).

Cheers,
Adam

MiK1138

Veteran
:thumbsup:
Hi guys, Adam here from My Virtual Mission.

This popped up in my brand monitor so thought I'd pop in and say hi and clarify any questions your community might have about the app.

The core premise behind My Virtual Mission is to offer users a tool to increase focus and motivation for distance based exercise. That app lets you plot a long distance "virtual mission" on a map and then make progress towards reaching it by adding up each exercise session you do. It's a nice way to visualize progress towards a goal - see how far you've been and how far you've got to go.

Here is an example of a father and son cycling from Canada to Central America. http://www.myvirtualmission.com/missions/1911/heading-for-central-america

MVM doesn't track your rides with GPS. There are already a bazillion awesome "measure my ride" type apps out there that do that and you can link most of these to your mission via Apple Health of Google Fit. In saying that, we are looking to build in a simple GPS tracker in response to user feedback.

Fire away if you have any questions about the app which is free and available on Apple and Android mobiles and also on the web. (There is a paid premium service also available).

Cheers,
Adam
Thanks Adam Nice of you to take the time to come on and explain your app NICE ONE

Reactions: MVM
Top Bottom