Interesting Clipless idea (not mine!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

azir

Yeah I reckon I'd give them a whirl actually

winjim

Smash the cistern
Surely something like this already exists? My bike (with Shimano M520 pedals) came with a set. Only designed to work with spds but I didn't need to buy an extra set of cleats. Got reflectors on too, for fully legal dusk till dawn riding. :bicycle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Surely something like this already exists? My bike (with Shimano M520 pedals) came with a set. Only designed to work with spds but I didn't need to buy an extra set of cleats. Got reflectors on too, for fully legal dusk till dawn riding. :bicycle:

I think only SPD's had them, they aren't very wide though

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Look like a good idea- and one that has crossed my mind before- one line that worried me though in their gumf:
"Don't buy a second or third bike for the casual ride around the neighbourhood." :unsure:

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Look like a good idea- and one that has crossed my mind before- one line that worried me though in their gumf:
"Don't buy a second or third bike for the casual ride around the neighbourhood." :unsure:

I bought some plastic ones for my Crank brothers pedals. Seem to clip on and off OK but I've never actually used em in anger.
Ones that come with toe-clips - now that would be worth having !

Custom24

Über Member
Two more options they didn't mention - use half and half pedals, and/or use shoes with recessed cleats.

I am sure the product is right for some people, but not me.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I only ever use recessed cleats, on shoes that i can walk round in. Just remind me how long it takes to put a pair of shoes on?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Not a bad idea. Not something I want/need but it's just conceivable that I might impulse buy some if I was buying other bike stuff (and then never use them).

Completely against the spirit of loopy kickstarter ideas.

Profpointy

Legendary Member

Completely against the spirit of loopy kickstarter ideas.

The best use of kickstarter is to market a sure-fire flop, then no-one expects a return, and you keep all the money.
A bit like selling 500% stake in a flop show - something like a musical about Hitler perhaps....

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Must be a way of making your own - how about piece of plywood, cut to desired size, cleat screwed to it, piece of coarse wet and dry glued on for grip?

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I asked for something like this in my lbs last year and was told there was nothing like it but its a good idea .
I quite often take my carbon out for a little spin without wanting to dress up like a nobber but wearing shiney SPD-SL's with jeans is worse than the Lycra !

Top Bottom