Interesting frame.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

It's interesting all right. Lighter, sure, but I don't understand why it would be stronger than solid tube?

buggi

Bird Saviour
Mr Pig said:
It's interesting all right. Lighter, sure, but I don't understand why it would be stronger than solid tube?

same as bird's bones..

bird's bones are made up of a lattice work, which makes them stronger than other bones of their size but extremely light to the bird can take off. the only thing i can compare it to is the different in strength between a flat piece of paper standing on end, and one that's been folded. a bit like how they make house walls now, instead of solid brick, it's something lighter with a lattice criss cross design inside and it's still strong.

basically, i don't know how it works, but it's God's idea and someone's robbed it :biggrin:

obviously, God forgot to patent it!

Night Train

Maker of Things
For the same material weight it would be stronger. It is the same as crane boom structures. If it is the same dimensions and much lighter then calculations would need to be made to see if it is still strong enough for the job. It probably is.
It would need to be very well made though.

yenrod

Ascend%20BKG%20flat.jpg

WOW - highly interesting...

Find it hard to beleive that only so many are being made: smart marketing to pull attention

= MORE ! :ohmy:

Night Train

Maker of Things
I should add that I think it would be strong in coompression which is fine in the DF but if you fell on it and it was subjected to bending or if it got knocked half way along then it would not survive as well.

You could get a some of those modelling balloons and blow them up inside the lattice tubes to add colour and keep out the dirt. :ohmy:

yenrod

Some reviews:

Rider: Karl Vizmeg
Team: Mad Dog Cycles
Rider Level: Expert Did the bike provide additional attention? You bet! I loved it when I passed people and I heard such things as "cool bike!"

Mud factor? I don't think there was anymore mud collected on the frame than with a full tube bike.

I had a sore back from last years race on the full suspension which I did not have this year (Old Pueblo 24 hr Race).

Independent blog by rider: http://www.arantix-doc.blogspot.com/

Rider: Carson Chenowyth
Team: Mad Dog Cycles
Rider Level: Expert
The bike is not just pretty, it's strong. There is no doubt in my mind the frame design and materials are superior to the typical carbon and aluminum frames.

Compared to my full suspension bike, my body felt much better after riding this bike (Old Pueblo 24 hr Race).

Top Bottom