Interesting Gutter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Yeah, no toilet or gutter humour here, thanks.

:smile:

.....but....but.....but it's the glue that binds us together....

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Dunelm House in Durham (Student's Union building designed by Sir Ove Arup) has the same setup

PK99

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 5487892, member: 9609"]passed this modern house today and was intrigued by the chains. I couldn't see any down pipes and the gutters do look like they are sloped down towards the ends, Presumably the idea is the water clings to the chain as it makes its way down to the drain/soak-away ?
Never seen anything like it before, its in a fairly windy place, wonder how well it works
I liked it

@MikeG
View attachment 445135 [/QUOTE]

Standard in Japan esp in Kyoto. Called kusari-doi.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
[QUOTE 5487892, member: 9609"]passed this modern house today and was intrigued by the chains. I couldn't see any down pipes and the gutters do look like they are sloped down towards the ends, Presumably the idea is the water clings to the chain as it makes its way down to the drain/soak-away ?
Never seen anything like it before, its in a fairly windy place, wonder how well it works
I liked it

@MikeG
View attachment 445135 [/QUOTE]

I have three friends with very nice houses and they all have these chains - cost a fortune in stainless steel. They work very well and look rather nice with water flowing down them.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
- also used on the Alnwick Garden visitor centre.

Top Bottom