Interesting quote from Lance Armstrong about cheating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zizou

Veteran
In golf people seem to get upset about the cheating involved with moving a ball a cm or two....but the blood doping and HGH use (and presumably other stuff too) no-one seems to care about!

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Fair enough, many did it, but he sued for millions when accused. That really is a problem!?!
...and bullied people who tried to be open about the toxic culture of the sport, and so on, and so on.

He had power, and mostly used it to reinforce the structures he now seems to want to portray himself as the victim of. I wish he'd naff off entirely, tbh, because I don't see how you can take what he says *now* at face value.

bpsmith

Veteran
...and bullied people who tried to be open about the toxic culture of the sport, and so on, and so on.

He had power, and mostly used it to reinforce the structures he now seems to want to portray himself as the victim of. I wish he'd naff off entirely, tbh, because I don't see how you can take what he says *now* at face value.
Totally agree. In my mind, I lumped all that into one. In the TV programme about him, he came across as far from a tidy guy!

Has anybody ever noticed how alike Lance and George Bush are? There must be a Texan "look" much in the same way that you see people with the "look" or former British mill towns like Bury and Bolton:

PA-10606896-390x285.jpg
Both Bury and Bolton are still very much British.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Nice one Lance you Dick.

There was no honour in cycling. Thats because people like you made sure there wasnt.

He cries about moving a ball in the rough but had no remorse aout getting the entire team setup involved in what he was up to.

the guys a cheating pillock.

ayceejay

Guru
I don't buy into that "everyone is doing it" so I'm covered nonsense, to do what he did and hen try to claim some moral high ground because of some golfing 'honour' and to suggest his his fellow cycling pros had none makes him look ridiculous.

Top Bottom