International Left Hand Day

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Octet, 13 Aug 2012.

?
  1. Left Handed

41.8%
  2. Right Handed

38.2%
  3. Ambidextrous

20.0%
  1. Octet

Octet Über Member

Happy International Left Hand Day,
    Just wondering how many of you folks are left handed, I for one can say I am!

Did you Know Left Handed people are generally more creative because they use both sides of the brain, information is constantly traveling across synapses but in a right handed people they normally stay on the left hand side where precise details are processed.

A right handed person uses more of the left side of their brain.
    A left handed person uses more of the right side of their brain (although in total they generally use more of it as a whole).

90% of the world are right handed!

2. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I'm left handed for writing, but some things I do right handed or amidextrously. I knit the same as right handers, for example. I can just about write right handed, slowly.

3. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

I didn't know it was left handed day. Shouldn't we have about 36 of them each year? Anyhow, to celebrate I'm going to go the wrong way round a roundabout.

4. accountantpete

accountantpete Legendary Member

This thread is very sinister.

5. RaRa

RaRa Well-Known Member

I was originally a leftie but was "persuaded" to swap in nursery school so I'm pretty ambidextrous

6. Davidc

Davidc Guru

Sinister people.

Go back far enough and you'd all have been hunted down as the devils followers or worse!

My brother's one of you, and he's definitely sinister! (After all he does live in Brussels....)

Mad Doug Biker and Pat "5mph" like this.
  7. Davidc

Davidc Guru

Other way round. Sinister meaning evil comes from the Latin for left - left handers were considered to be evil. Just like every other identifiable minority group in history!

Octet likes this.
  8. ianrauk

ianrauk Tattooed Beat Messiah

I'm right handed, Mrs Ian is left handed.
    Ian jnr at 2&half looks like he's gonna be a left hander too. Best start beating it out of him.

9. MossCommuter

MossCommuter Guru

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous

Mad Doug Biker and Octet like this.
  10. Night Train

Night Train Maker of Things

I am mostly right handed but also use both hands quite a lot, often changing hands just for better access to tasks when using tools.
    I can also write left handed, upside down and in mirror writing.

Mad Doug Biker likes this.
  11. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

As there will be a few gauchers reading this thread, has anyone else noticed that they're a bit overenthusiastic with the rear brake (with a standard UK set up)? When I get round to changing my brake cables I might try swapping them round.

12. threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty Corn Fed Hick...

Burn them...

people_burned_as_heretics.jpg

Doseone likes this.
  13. Maz

Maz Legendary Member

I write with my right hand and throw a ball with my left hand.

14. Hover Fly

Hover Fly Lover of the bunny

I was on a train once and started to write something with my right hand, the woman sat opposite gave out a little shriek. Trouble was I was already writing something else with my left hand. I've stopped that trick now, it messed with peoples minds too much.

15. accountantpete

accountantpete Legendary Member

Almost forgot this fellow

leftorium.jpg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice