International Left Hand Day

What Hand Are You?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ajay

Veteran
I'm very much left-side dominant;)
I spent a lot of time with my Grandad when I was a tiddler, and he taught me to play sports right handed - something which I never had coached out of me. So for example in cricket I'd bat n' bowl (weakly) right handed, yet throw and catch with my much stronger left. Racquet sports I play left handed, but almost exclusively back-hand as I just can't get my body shape in a left handed stance because of that early conditioning.
Well that's my excuse for not making it to the top, otherwise I'm sure I coulda been a contender:whistle:

asterix

Comrade Member
I was on a train once and started to write something with my right hand, the woman sat opposite gave out a little shriek. Trouble was I was already writing something else with my left hand. I've stopped that trick now, it messed with peoples minds too much.

Aaaaaaarrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

I am somewhat ambidextrous having injured my right arm for a long time. I did learn to write left-handed rather slowly but stopped as soon as I regained use of my right arm. It's still very useful to be able to use either arm for things like painting and using tools.

Apparently Admiral Nelson learned to write left-handed after losing his right arm. Obviously it didn't make him ambidextrous!

I'm left handed with regards a knife and fork but right handed with everything else.

Being able to write with your left hand and right hand at the same time is pretty cool I think.

Nihal

Veteran
Ambidextrous here,but preferrential to the right............:wacko:

Aaaaaaarrrgggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

I am somewhat ambidextrous having injured my right arm for a long time. I did learn to write left-handed rather slowly but stopped as soon as I regained use of my right arm.
Same here,but i can still use the left comfortably:smile:

mangaman

I had a lecture from a retired surgeon who had been one of the world's best in his day. He described demonstrating a new operation to a group of German surgeons.

He was left handed and he noticed his assistant and the scrub nurse were also left handed.

He told them "as you can see ambidextrousness is vital in surgery so we operate left handed on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and right handed every other day"

He swears the Germans nodded enthusiastically and wrote it all down - they probably still work that way somewhere in Bavaria.

Linford

Always lead with the left, but use the mouse with the right.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
300px-ManoLaplace.svg.png

Top Bottom