Internet speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Grrr ! Never mind the speed, has anyone else tried getting through to Virgin Media when they have a fault ?
I am experiencing a service problem at the moment and I’m finding it extremely frustrating in my attempts to actually talk to someone.
No doubt when I eventually get the problem resolved I’ll receive messages from them with a survey asking how well they did 😡

I had issues, I could not pay the new monthly charges so they made a contract which I accepted; and then they made it dissappear and pretended it had never been agreed. I emailed daniel.potts@virginmedia.co.uk who is someone high up and got a phone call within 2 hours and it was resolved. His name can be found on FB groups which are dedicated to poor VM customer service

presta

Guru
That's pretty miserable - no fibre at all where you are?

At the time I took out a fixed 18 month contract with Plusnet there were FTTC cabinets in the street, but Plusnet's website said fibre was unavailable at this address. Since then we've got FTTP at up to 944Mb/s, Gigaclear do 200Mb/s for £17, then £44 after 18m, but I'm not very happy about losing the phone if there's a power cut, and there's no mains or shelf for the router near the point of entry.

Dag Hammar

Have you checked online if they’re aware of a fault in your area?
If there isn’t, I found turning the Virgin router off for a while and rebooting fixed most outages!
Also, do they have online chat rather than just phone support? Can be quicker

Yes, I have checked online to get a report of any faults in this area. I have also gone through the rigmarole of turning off the router ( twice ).
The issue that I am having is with the Virgin Media V6 tv box and I have also followed their guidance and re-booted the V6 box several times over the past 6 or 7 days.
It is clear to me that the problem lies squarely with the V6 tv box but trying to convince a VM agent whilst only being allowed to chat via WhatsApp is very frustrating. Going round in circles sums it up adequately.
What should be happening is that VM should be arranging to get a replacement V6 box to me quickly, either by a courier or one of their own engineers. I had a problem with a V6 box only about six months ago and I knew that the box had failed but it took VM far too long to accept that fact and book an engineer to come round with a replacement box.
Virgin Media are OK when everything is working correctly but when something goes wrong they make it as difficult as they possibly can to contact them and slow to react once they are made aware of a problem.

Top Bottom