Internet use while working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Retired, but still getting disciplinary warnings when I should be doing something else.

Sandra6

Veteran
I work in a bike shop and my internet use isn't restricted, I look up bike specs, products and accesories and consider it "working" .
I use google quite a lot, if we're having a conversation about something and I want an example or if somebody mentions an actor I don't know. I looked up why money spiders are called that the other day. Obviously I don't do it while there are customers in the shop, and I wouldn't post on here because I'd become too distracted.
I'm only on line during the day on a tuesday because it's my day off.
Other than that it's early morning or evenings.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I browse, and post, here and other places whilst at work.
Once I've backed onto the bay, it's my time until the trailer it tipped.
The device of choice is my phone. Some of the chaps carry a tablet or laptop..

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
No internet access and no pc access at work unless you need it for work and even if you have a lot of pages are blocked by the company protocols, heck your not even supposed to have your phone on you during production hours as our work is timed down to the second.

I only post in the day if i am on night shift .

gbb

Legendary Member
We have Internet access in the workshops and there's never been any restriction...or anywhere else on site AFAIK.
It's used sensibly for personal use, CC, BBC news, maybe a tiny bit of ebay and precious little else.
TBH, I don't have that much time for personal access so it's pretty minimal anyway.

Mrs M

Guru
Internet for work only, I'm not at work today :hello:

Dave 123

Legendary Member
One of the lads that works for me is always checking emails, instagram, Facebook etc

I have a little word with him from time to time but I can do no more.

He gets his work emails on his phone and as from next month all his holiday stuff gets done electronically. Work is now using his phone, so I don't feel I can shout at him for using his phone in work for his own stuff.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
[QUOTE 4831352, member: 43827"]
I notice that many members regularly post throughout the day. Are these mainly retired or not working or are employers more understanding about internet use in work these days? When I was last an employee back in the last century, internet personal use in work was a disciplinary offence.[/QUOTE]

Or other really obvious things? I've never posted any CC posts actually at work on a work device.

The last six years I've worked very antisocial hour shifts either early mornings, with a lot of weekend working or now evenings. I did have 2.5 years unemployed whilst CC's been going, but the vast majority working. Other people on here that are very much the same.

Top Bottom