Interview with Kristina Vogel on the BBC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Guru
Yes, amazingly positive given what she has been through.

Did I read somewhere that neither the other rider involved nor their cycling body (Dutch) had been in touch. I imagine there may some legal work going on in the background....

OP
OP
C R

C R

Guru
Yes, amazingly positive given what she has been through.

Did I read somewhere that neither the other rider involved nor their cycling body (Dutch) had been in touch. I imagine there may some legal work going on in the background....

There was another piece on the beeb yesterday that mentioned the lack of contact from the other party. Very poor form, regardless of any legal issues, at least a how are you doing would have been expected.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
shoot!

upload_2018-9-13_10-2-20.png

I just cried when I read that. Jeez, that could have been me. I just hope I could have been so positive if I had had a similar outcome.

Captainwull

I watched a TV program recently about a severely disabled person. When asked if they got upset about being inflicted with their illness they said “no, why should I be, surely it’s better for me to have this when I have a strong and happy disposition than for someone else to have it who might not be, and will then become depressed and suicidal”.
I hope Kristina can face her paralysis with the same attitude

There's a more recent interview with Chris Hoy on iPlayer. Still truly humbling and inspirational.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0729857/chris-hoy-meets-kristina-vogel

Shortandcrisp

Über Member
When I had my accident by rather stupidly flipping over the handlebars and landing on my head, I initially lost all feeling in my legs and arms. The scariest few seconds of my life. An overriding sense of utter desolation. So I can certainly empathise with how she felt. Fortunately for me, some feeling started to return within less than a minute - unfortunately, that’s when the pain started!
From my own experience, weird as this may seem, paralysis takes away function from the affected areas but can leave a residue of pain that you wouldn’t necessarily associate with loss of feeling!
Having experienced this, I truly wish her the best possible outcome for her rehab and a happy and contented future life.

Top Bottom