iPad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

Rezillo said:
So here am I keen to buy one. Will I? No - if it can't multitask then it's no good to man or beast. If I can't do something as basic as listen to itunes while reading a book or writing an email, then basically it can go hang.
On top of the certainty, in my head, that v2 will have a camera and will be able to make/take calls (do they really expect us to have a mobile account just for browsing?), that's why I'm not looking as well. Even my bloody Nokia N73 could listen to music whilst surfing and switch to camera to take pix, all at the same time as making a phone call, and that's 4 years ago.

2 Across : Paid incorrectly for superfluous trinket.

andyfromotley

View attachment 5469

The waiting over..... its finally here, check out these features

• [*]]Cannnot multi task!!
    [*]cannot use a mobile phone network
    [*]No on board GPS!!
    [*]Spends ages doing one thing at a time!!
[/SIZE]

Its the all new iDAD, only from apple.

Available only in stonewashed denim.
Featuring 'cool' trainers and embarrassing manner.

PBancroft

The problem for me is that Apple seem to be moving out of the computer market, and into the electronics market. There's a subtle difference.

What the iPad seems to do within its limitations, it seems to be doing it well, but I want more from a device that claims to be so versatile. I want to be able to multitask. I want to be able to install World of Warcraft if I so choose. USB should be a given, but its not.

It's not a true computer, but its something else. Whatever it is it might be very popular, and I can even see myself wanting one in a generation or two once its carved its niche... but I'm not entirely sure I understand what it is yet.

Norm

Kaipaith said:
... but I'm not entirely sure I understand what it is yet.
+1!!!

It would be fun to play WoW on something which is just a screen, although I think the interface would take some work.

Kaipaith said:
...and I can even see myself wanting one in a generation or two once its carved its niche...
+1 to that, too. I thought it was interesting (to a geek) to watch this video. I reckon that sort of functionality would give the iPad or the Tablet a pretty compelling reason to purchase.

It might also give the UK print-media industry a reason to push the market to the sort of subscription model that is prevalent in the US.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
anyone who thinks that apple are always onto a winner should google for the apple newton. they weren't late to the party with pda, they were so early that their vision was too far ahead of joe public (or businessman).

Top Bottom