iPad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doseone

Guru
Well I just bought a tablet^_^

I had over researched as usual, and in the end decided that I would be best going for an Ipad. So I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9. Price slashed on Currys website from £399 to £279

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Well I just bought a tablet^_^

I had over researched as usual, and in the end decided that I would be best going for an Ipad. So I bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9. Price slashed on Currys website from £399 to £279

Loser! :tongue:

MattHB

Proud Daddy
I love my iPad. Id not be able to do my job as well as I do without it either, thats totally certain. The trick is to go cloud based in all your storage with dropbox (icloud is too limited) and to be able to tether to a smartphone in times of no wifi. If you can do that youll wonder how you ever did without it.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
^_^ Just goes to show that after all the research and deciding that the Apple is best that I am shallow (and tight) enough to be swung by saving a few shekels.

Should be a very interesting year for tablets though. Hope you enjoy using it.

Doseone

Guru
Should be a very interesting year for tablets though. Hope you enjoy using it.

Thank you, I'm really looking forward to it arriving. Agreed, it should be intersting - it's early days really and there are still a lot of things that need work arounds on them, particularly if you fancy using and editing MS Office docs!! I intend to aquaint myself with the cloud, have had no need to up 'til now.

The decision to go for the Samsung was a bit of a no brainer in the end. Of choice I would have gone Android (nothing against Apple though), although it possibly still lags behind IOS I think it seems to have the more exciting future. And I can have lightening on my homescreen^_^. I was very tempted by an Ipad - it's a safe option. They might not be the most exciting but they just work and are very well supported.

Of all the Tabs I played with the Sony Tablet S was the nicest in the hand, I think they got the design spot on, and it's a little different, but it seems to be a bit of a fail in terms of how well it works. There are basic issues with wi-fi signal amongst other things. Sony frustrate the hell out of me. If you look across their product range from the PS Vita, to their TV technology, movie and music studios etc they should have the potential to produce the best Tablet bar none, but it seems that the different departments don't do joined up thinking and their first attempt is a bit half ar$ed.

So, the Galaxy Tab 8.9 is just the right size for me. I'm sure the main use will be sofa surfing, email and all the other normal stuff, but I really want to see what it can do with movies, music (Poweramp pro supposed to be a great app - excited about that) and to try and use it for work too. I'm also looking forward to being able to wind down with a game of Shredder Chess and not have to fight for the laptop with kids on MSN!!

col

Legendary Member
Well it seems there are differing thoughts on this, but I still like Ipad. Settee browsing sounds good too. I also want to see how it is for the odd game, never really bothered before so will look at some and see.

david k

Hi
Love my iPhone but I was too cheap to get an iPad, instead I got an android tablet, very confusing
me too, achos 10.1 150 quid, its a good media toy but thats about it

col

Legendary Member
Thank you, I'm really looking forward to it arriving. Agreed, it should be intersting - it's early days really and there are still a lot of things that need work arounds on them, particularly if you fancy using and editing MS Office docs!! I intend to aquaint myself with the cloud, have had no need to up 'til now.

The decision to go for the Samsung was a bit of a no brainer in the end. Of choice I would have gone Android (nothing against Apple though), although it possibly still lags behind IOS I think it seems to have the more exciting future. And I can have lightening on my homescreen^_^. I was very tempted by an Ipad - it's a safe option. They might not be the most exciting but they just work and are very well supported.

Of all the Tabs I played with the Sony Tablet S was the nicest in the hand, I think they got the design spot on, and it's a little different, but it seems to be a bit of a fail in terms of how well it works. There are basic issues with wi-fi signal amongst other things. Sony frustrate the hell out of me. If you look across their product range from the PS Vita, to their TV technology, movie and music studios etc they should have the potential to produce the best Tablet bar none, but it seems that the different departments don't do joined up thinking and their first attempt is a bit half ar$ed.

So, the Galaxy Tab 8.9 is just the right size for me. I'm sure the main use will be sofa surfing, email and all the other normal stuff, but I really want to see what it can do with movies, music (Poweramp pro supposed to be a great app - excited about that) and to try and use it for work too. I'm also looking forward to being able to wind down with a game of Shredder Chess and not have to fight for the laptop with kids on MSN!!
Whats shredder chess?

Doseone

Guru
Whats shredder chess?

It's just normal computer chess - Shredder is the brand name. It's a really good program, you can set the difficulty level (I'm quite new to chess) and it analyses the game as you go. Most importantly, when you make a rubbish move you can undo it^_^

col

Legendary Member
It's just normal computer chess - Shredder is the brand name. It's a really good program, you can set the difficulty level (I'm quite new to chess) and it analyses the game as you go. Most importantly, when you make a rubbish move you can undo it^_^
My kind of chess,^_^ used to love playing. Chess was how an old friend and I got back in touch, we played all the time on the web.

Doseone

Guru
I've "known" how to play since I was a kid (ie how the pieces move), but never actually learnt how to play if you see what I mean. So I'm just feeling my way slowly and trying to get my head around things like Ruy Lopez to get started. There is so much to learn, and sometimes I just like to relax and set the difficulty on easy and give the computer a hiding^_^

col

Legendary Member
My brother taught me when I was about 8 or 9, he was in a chess club at the time at school. The only tactical move I Know is the check mate in five moves, but anyone who plays know that anyway, so I used to just play whatever moves and hoped the other just missed it when i tried to line up a check.Just checked what Ruy lopez meant, and I think thats the five moves one?

Top Bottom