iPad

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peteaud

Veteran
Well I am writing this on my new iPad.

Driving me nuts at the moment having been a windows pc user for decades, and that includes work, but thought rather than replacing my trusty IBM x31 with a net book I would go down the apple route.

Why can't they make things easy ha ha ha

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
once you get use to it you will be flying

col

Legendary Member
Just found this thread and Im thinking of one myself. How have you found it?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Col, if you want to buy one I'd wait until 7th March and the Apple Press conference. The ipad 3 and rumours of a budget iPad2 are circulating all over the net.

Reactions: col

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Or if you wait for the new releases like we do, you never risk get anything upgraded in case a better version is just a few weeks wait away.

Reactions: col

Doseone

Guru
ipad3 announcement supposed to be next Wednesday. Lots of rumours around the net as to the upgrades - everyone expecting a Retina Display like on the Iphone4s. Will this mean existing Ipad2 will drop in price?? Who knows - rumours are that Ipad3 16gb Wifi will be more like £450 as opposed to £399 now, so maybe existing one won't drop as much as people expect.

With the Apple it seems they do a new device each year, whereas some of the Android one's seem to bring out new versions before the existing version has hit the shelves. Latest Android operating system is only just hitting some devices now, but the next iteration is already being trailed for Autumn this year.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Wondering whether to get one myself. I've got my 2005 eMac back up and running fine but it's getting tricky to update stuff so it's cranky with some web content. Plus it's a bit inconvenient if I want mobile internet- it must weigh nearly 50 kg, and the fan is as loud as one of those stupid Dyson hand-dryers.

Top Bottom