iPhone apps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

buggi

Bird Saviour
my mate had a cool one. you point your phone at the sky and it shows you what star constallations (spelling?) are above you at that time. I pointed it up and it showed the gemini constallation was above me... my star sign LOL

OP
OP
kendalcottages

kendalcottages

That sounds neat, buggi.

As for games... have a look at doodlekart. That's quite fun.

surfgurl

National Trust - map showing national trust properties with all info you need to visit.
iSimples - for friendly meercats
Flick Fishing
Doodlejump
Harbour master
Flight control

Can anyone tell me the point? I seem to have missed it.

You seem to be just getting your phone to do loads of useless things that seem a complete wast of time or are better on a computer with a decent screen size.

Is it all just to keep you amused while you wait for a bus?

Is there anything genuinely of use that I would really want to carry around with me on the thing?

domd1979

Veteran
Over The Hill said:

You seem to be just getting your phone to do loads of useless things that seem a complete wast of time or are better on a computer with a decent screen size.

Is there anything genuinely of use that I would really want to carry around with me on the thing?

;) Iphones are officially hellfire!

All the apps I have are useful. I use the train one loads when I'm out and about. The Good Beer Guide is ace as well and a damn sight smaller having it on your phone than carrying the book.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Over The Hill said:

I work for a company that sell's properties. Our application lets you search for properties anywhere in the world, do various things with them including; posting to facebook, e-mailing a freind or contact the agent.
We also offer a near me search, which will show you the cloeset properties to your current location. For our market where we are selling very expensive houses and apartments, people may prefer to buy solely on the area and they can view what properties are near them when in the location.

The application is also a great marketing and selling tool. We can say to prospective clients that we have this wide range of ways that people can view their house without even going. And we have done a few deals in the past where houses have been bought without viewing.

Whilst there are 100,000 of apps on the iPhone store, most of them are rubbish and don't offer you much but a 5 min giggle whilst on the bus. But some of them are actually useful and people do use them.

gaz said:
I work for a company that sell's properties. Our application lets you search for properties anywhere in the world, do various things with them including; posting to facebook, e-mailing a freind or contact the agent.
We also offer a near me search, which will show you the cloeset properties to your current location. For our market where we are selling very expensive houses and apartments, people may prefer to buy solely on the area and they can view what properties are near them when in the location.

The application is also a great marketing and selling tool. We can say to prospective clients that we have this wide range of ways that people can view their house without even going. And we have done a few deals in the past where houses have been bought without viewing.

Whilst there are 100,000 of apps on the iPhone store, most of them are rubbish and don't offer you much but a 5 min giggle whilst on the bus. But some of them are actually useful and people do use them.

I will admit I know nothing on the subject as the sum of my knowlege is from the adverts on TV. The ad went through about five things and each seemed utterly pointless or reproducing what you have already (a phone list with your contacts).

So take your Estate Agent thing. You sell high value houses. I can get all the features you list on the usual Rightmove site which comes up on my 17" screen not on a silly phone screen the size of a post it note. Is it not just like going on line but looking through a small hole at everything? Also I would use Rightmove as it has all agents properties and not just your firms. Or do I need to get one for each agent and go through each one in turn?

Just seems like the internet but you have to get a ticket to go onto each site you may want in the future.

Perhaps I am sounding like an old git here but you really have not given me anything I have not already got but on pathetically small screen.

johnnyh

Veteran
often use your 17" screen when out and about do you?

for me the Tom Tom app is excellent, especially when paired with the car stereo using the bluetooth.

hands free phone, ipod and tom tom in one :laugh:

Panter

Just call me Chris...
ok, fair enough, thanks gaz :wacko:

In support of the iPhone here, yes it certainly can be gimmicky enough to be used as a toy, my daughter plays on mine regularly and even I'm not adverse to a bit of "Angry birds" :biggrin:
It's genuine usefulness is fantastic though. I have used it umpteen times as a GPS navigator, for finding shops or services whilst out and about.

I also managed to carry out some work duties from the deck a small boat in heavy seas 12 miles off the Florida coast during a fishing holiday last month with mine. And just that justifes it to me as a works phone :biggrin:
Obviously you can live without one, I did for many Years but it is a genuinely very useful device and I can honestly say that I'd hate to be without mine (or a similar one) now.

johnnyh

Veteran
yep, the speaker is part of the car stereo (Sony unit) and it fades the music in and out for directions from the Tom Tom... then a phone call overrides it all and it stops the music until the call ends.

Top Bottom