iPhone Tracking Apps When Riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
On the Garmin 510 it can send updates of your position using your paird iPhone when out riding. This is pretty handy if you are on a long ride on your own and you want to let your Mrs know you are safe etc. I don't really want to have to buy a 510 for this so was wondering are there any iPhone apps out there that anyone has found that do this as part of a tracking service?

BRounsley

Über Member
The short answer is yes.

There’s a few out there. I use MotionX and that’s has the ability to broadcast your position. Either to other MotionX app users or you can view it on their website.

I stuck my iPhone experience/advise down in this post previously. It may also help

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/smart-phone-cycling-–-iphone-heavy.158364/

OP
OP
Joffey

Joffey

Big Dosser
Thanks for that chaps!

Not sure about my phone giving me a peptalk - my mates will no doubt text abuse through it!! haha

DRM

Guru
What about the road id app, it tracks you and can message someone if you stop moving for 5 minutes, but you can cancel that if you stop for a cuppa & cake, you can also download a lock screen with i.c.e info on it too.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I find with all these apps tho & your location settings on, the battery life of your phone is significantly reduced, so if you are out all day your phone might die & then anyone checking on you could be really worried & unable to ring you :thumbsup: I 'normally' tell Mrs soltydog how long I'm out for, so she knows not to worry, even if my estimate is out by an hour or so, plus she knows the number of the local :laugh:

she knows not to worry, even if my estimate is out by an hour or so, plus she knows the number of the local :laugh:
Pub/cake stop/hospital? :smile:

Top Bottom