iphone wiped by i tunes restore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I decided to give my old iphone to a mate so bought a PAYG sim card and got it on charge . Everything looked fine but the signal was bad so i plugged it into my pc to give it an update . Apple told me it needed a restore . 5 hours later and many attempt to restore the phone i now have a useless pile of shoot that only tells me to plug it into itunes and waste another half an hour .
:angry:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Got to admit, after spending years battling with seemingly deliberately obtuse Apple software I abandoned them and went to Android.
Stuff just works now.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Don’t understand why you had to plug it into your PC to give it an update. If it’s an older iPhone which uses the 32 bit platform instead of the 64 it’s no longer supported and won’t update to the latest iOS and certain apps won’t work.

Jody

Stubborn git
Got to admit, after spending years battling with seemingly deliberately obtuse Apple software I abandoned them and went to Android.
Stuff just works now.

My mate has been an Apple fanboy for many years. Having puchased multiple macs, mac books, iphones, ipods but he is so disgrunteled that is now moving away from Apple.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
ahhhhh i see . Apple have decided the iphone 4 wont get the ios8 update so rather than just leaving your phone alone they totally wipe it for you without telling you why . i better rush to the shops and buy another iproduct :blink:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Not a case of won’t but can’t update due to the change to 64 bit architecture. I’m afraid that’s technology for you, it moves on with such a pace that some things just get left behind. My Huawei won’t update to the latest android OS but of course will still work.
I’m an Apple fan but I think it’s rather lost it’s way since Steve Jobs died, many of his principles died with him. The marketing men have taken over and the aim now is just to make money, hence them pulling the headphone jack meaning you’re forced to buy their expensive wireless AirPods, unless you use an adapter. An adapter! Steve will be spinning in his grave.
When my iPad gives up I won’t go with Apple again.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Not a case of won’t but can’t update due to the change to 64 bit architecture. I’m afraid that’s technology for you, it moves on with such a pace that some things just get left behind. My Huawei won’t update to the latest android OS but of course will still work.
I’m an Apple fan but I think it’s rather lost it’s way since Steve Jobs died, many of his principles died with him. The marketing men have taken over and the aim now is just to make money, hence them pulling the headphone jack meaning you’re forced to buy their expensive wireless AirPods, unless you use an adapter. An adapter! Steve will be spinning in his grave.
When my iPad gives up I won’t go with Apple again.
He was the ultimate marketing man! just look at his key notes speech for the first iphone, genius.

We are in danger of forgetting what he was actually like and looking at him through rose tinted specs. He was definitely was able to spot an opportunity and without him Apple are struggling to know where to go next. I think the apple watch wouldn't have made it out the door if he had been around.

Steve wouldn't have liked the adapter but I could definitely see him ditching the headphone jack. As you said technology moves on.

There are also cheaper alternatives to their airpods, noone is forced to buy them.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If you don’t want to spend too much have look at the Huawei pnoes and their budget line Honor. I like mine. If you want cheap as chips but still good consider the Moto models like the C plus and E plus, the latter if you want a big screen, plus it has a huge battery which lasts up to three days. Recently bought one for a friend and they are very happy with it.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Well i'm being forced to buy something now that apple have totally wiped my working phone and turned it into a useless brick of glass .
I was referring to the claim that people are forced to buy apples headphones. You aren't forced to buy an apple product, you can buy something else.

I hope you get it sorted, you could try and take it to an apple store. In my experience apple stuff while limited in some areas IMO, is usually reliable.

You have probably seen this but, just in case, have you tried the information on this page?
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203122

Top Bottom