iphone wiped by i tunes restore

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
If you don’t want to spend too much have look at the Huawei pnoes and their budget line Honor. I like mine. If you want cheap as chips but still good consider the Moto models like the C plus and E plus, the latter if you want a big screen, plus it has a huge battery which lasts up to three days. Recently bought one for a friend and they are very happy with it.

Motorola are fantastic value, well specced. I'm currently using a MotoG4 Plus and it does everything you need and more.
The new G5 is even better apparently.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Can't you jailbreak it?
I dont think i can do anything with it . Itunes started the restore by wiping the operating system from the phone and then reinstalling it but it didnt re install anything . I have no idea if there is anything on the phone as i only get a message telling me to connect to itunes .

midlife

Guru
I dont think i can do anything with it . Itunes started the restore by wiping the operating system from the phone and then reinstalling it but it didnt re install anything . I have no idea if there is anything on the phone as i only get a message telling me to connect to itunes .

I think RedSnow has a "Recovery Fix" utility that sorts out phones being upgraded to a newer OS that get stuck?

GetAGrip

Still trying to look cool and not the fool HA
I tried so hard not to jump on the Apple roundabout. In fact I was the last of my family and friends to submit.
I don't have any words of wisdom, but, I personally would do a lot of Apple/internet/forum searching before resigning the phone to the category of a brick.

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
Well i'm being forced to buy something now that apple have totally wiped my working phone and turned it into a useless brick of glass .
You may be able to hard reset it without iTunes/Computer. Give this a try.

Assuming you have it turned on and are prepared for it to be fully wiped/reset:

1. Press and hold the HOME button (at the bottom of the phone) and the SLEEP/WAKE button (on top of the phone) simultaneously
2. Keep holidng both buttons whilst the iPhone shuts off and begins to restart.
3. Let go when you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Motorola are fantastic value, well specced. I'm currently using a MotoG4 Plus and it does everything you need and more.
The new G5 is even better apparently.
I bought my Moto because the interweb said it was the only affordable phone that could match iPhone for photo quality. I haven't been disappointed.

Take this pic of a runner, eg:

run.jpg

Not bad.

But it's only when you see the original from which this section has been cropped that you get the full picture:

runfull.jpg

TBH I don't think my old Nikon DSLR could match that...and the phone's with me 24/7.

You can't go far wrong with Moto.

D

Deleted member 26715

TBH I don't think my old Nikon DSLR could match that...and the phone's with me 24/7.
I'm not particularly into photography but I am impressed with that, which Moto is that?

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Tried everything from the hard reset to shouting at it . Apple support thinks its my pc's antivirus that is the problem :rolleyes:

Top Bottom