iPhone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
So all the rumours were true and O2 is the network that will get Apple's iPhone on 9th November. £269 plus £35 per month for 18 months, that makes £899 ;).

Any Apple fanboys considering getting one? Anyone else insane enough to get one?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i want one, but not at that price on that network. i heard that they can be unlocked anyway, so you could use it as pay as you go.

OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
It is cheaper to import and unlock that is true, infact probably about a third of the price.

With the £35 deal it will provide 200 mins and 200 texts!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
They'll be the steal of the year, literally.

Might check out how much they are asking at Dalston market on a saturday morning. You can get all sorts from the crackheads there, expensive kit for cheap, bit like a how low auction, but with crackheads.....

Frazer

I wouldnt bother. Apple spent so long in development that there are now much better phones out there for less money. For example, the internet system it uses is now actually way outdated. The only purpose of it is as a fashion statement

KitsuneAndy

Frazer said:
I wouldnt bother. Apple spent so long in development that there are now much better phones out there for less money. For example, the internet system it uses is now actually way outdated. The only purpose of it is as a fashion statement

That's ok, everything Apple makes is only a fashion accessory anyway. ;)

Jaded

I've heard some people buy bikes because of the way they look! And pay way over the odds too!

Richie1964

I think the iPhone UI is brilliant, the hardware is average and the tariffs a total con. I will stick with my Blackberry Pearl and Nokia N95!

Melvil

Not really interested in getting one. Waaaaay too much hype for what is a pretty bog standard smartphone with a pretty good touch interface. I'm a mac user but I'm getting quite cheesed off with Apples 'Revolutionary' marketing strategy...

monnet

Guru
alecstilleyedye said:
i want one, but not at that price on that network. i heard that they can be unlocked anyway, so you could use it as pay as you go.

I don't think they can be unlocked. There was an article in the paper the other day saying that Apple have moved to protect their favoured networks, however, in France there are laws about such monopolies. Consequently Orange will have the rights if you want it to come with a network (ie: get an iphone with orange and it's locked into orange) but if you don't want orange then you can buy an unlocked one over the counter. The twist? Well, it seems pretty clear that they will charge alot more for the unlocked version making it (even more) prohibitively expensive so people decide they'd be better off getting the Orange deal

Still, if you're desperate for one and really don't want O2 then a trip to France in early December could solve your problem. I'll stick with my battered Nokia though.

papercorn2000

One of the kids in my senior maths class got one for his birthday. It's nice enough to use but, as has been said, a bit of a fashion statement for just now. (mind you, there was a time that ALL mobiles were a fashion statement.)

ajevans

I saw people queing outside the Apple store for one the day before the release. Had to bite my tongue to stop myself shouting out 'losers' at the top of my voice.

I'm not really whiter than white in this area but getting that excited about a product that doesn't really do anything special is consumerism at its sickest.

Top Bottom