1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by marinyork, 18 Sep 2007.

1. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

So all the rumours were true and O2 is the network that will get Apple's iPhone on 9th November. £269 plus £35 per month for 18 months, that makes £899 ;).

Any Apple fanboys considering getting one? Anyone else insane enough to get one?

2. Maggot

Maggot Star of BBC 5Lives Ballot Box Brigade

How many free minutes with that deal:wacko:

I think I will stick it out until Asda start doing them;)

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

i want one, but not at that price on that network. i heard that they can be unlocked anyway, so you could use it as pay as you go.

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I wouldn't buy any phone that was on O2. I've been scarred by a past experience.

And I don't really see the purpose of the i-phone. Except as a fashion statement.

5. OP
    OP
    marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

It is cheaper to import and unlock that is true, infact probably about a third of the price.

With the £35 deal it will provide 200 mins and 200 texts!

6. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

If i could watch terrestial tv on it I might get one...eventually when it's available on the boot sale stalls.

7. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

They'll be the steal of the year, literally.

Might check out how much they are asking at Dalston market on a saturday morning. You can get all sorts from the crackheads there, expensive kit for cheap, bit like a how low auction, but with crackheads.....

8. Frazer

Frazer New Member

I wouldnt bother. Apple spent so long in development that there are now much better phones out there for less money. For example, the internet system it uses is now actually way outdated. The only purpose of it is as a fashion statement

9. KitsuneAndy

KitsuneAndy New Member

That's ok, everything Apple makes is only a fashion accessory anyway. ;)

10. Jaded

Jaded New Member

I've heard some people buy bikes because of the way they look! And pay way over the odds too!

11. Richie1964

Richie1964 New Member

I think the iPhone UI is brilliant, the hardware is average and the tariffs a total con. I will stick with my Blackberry Pearl and Nokia N95!

12. Richie1964

Richie1964 New Member

So, did anyone buy one last Friday?

13. feckless

feckless Über Member

14. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Not really interested in getting one. Waaaaay too much hype for what is a pretty bog standard smartphone with a pretty good touch interface. I'm a mac user but I'm getting quite cheesed off with Apples 'Revolutionary' marketing strategy...

15. monnet

monnet Über Member

I don't think they can be unlocked. There was an article in the paper the other day saying that Apple have moved to protect their favoured networks, however, in France there are laws about such monopolies. Consequently Orange will have the rights if you want it to come with a network (ie: get an iphone with orange and it's locked into orange) but if you don't want orange then you can buy an unlocked one over the counter. The twist? Well, it seems pretty clear that they will charge alot more for the unlocked version making it (even more) prohibitively expensive so people decide they'd be better off getting the Orange deal

Still, if you're desperate for one and really don't want O2 then a trip to France in early December could solve your problem. I'll stick with my battered Nokia though.