In Praise of iPhones

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's the one about the crossbow killer, I've had a search but can't find it so it must have been in the old politics forum.

Yes I mentioned it somewhere recently. I got it from the crossbow killer podcast. We've not had the final episode yet so I'm not up to the outcome. It's all very bizarre so far and the killers alibi is eye opening.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Some cars have the facility to call emergency services if they sense they've been in a crash.

I thought all new cars have had this for some years now.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Or it might not have happen like that at all, surely a relative alerted would phone the person involved, not intermediately phone the ambulance or the old bill.

Its equally likely a passing someone phoned the crashed abandoned car into the police, who ran the number plate, and went to the OP's son's mates house.

You may be right, but...

a) My Apple Watch "offers" to contact emergency services if I have been doing something which makes it "think" I have had a fall/accident. You can cancel it with a button press.

b) I believe some Sat-Navs can make a call to emergency services (or at least, give the option to) if they "think" they detect a collision. I only know this secondhand, and cannot double check, but, daughter No2's ex-partner was involved in a minor collision on A1(M). Both were driving Company Vans. The other driver was at fault (he had run into back of ex-partner). Whilst they were exchanging details on hard shoulder, Traffic Police arrived. The story was that Sat-Nav in the other drivers vehicle had "phoned" emergency services. No idea if this is true, it may have been that camera surveillance spotted situation and alerted police.

Last edited:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I was reading about the cross bow killer in wales.
He was grassed up by his Volvo gps system. Which records everywhere you have been. It’s amazing what information is recorded without your knowledge.

It's all in the agreement you make when you use the devices, you do read them thoroughly I presume ?

DRM

Guru
Yes I mentioned it somewhere recently. I got it from the crossbow killer podcast. We've not had the final episode yet so I'm not up to the outcome. It's all very bizarre so far and the killers alibi is eye opening.

Too right the alibi is an absolute belter, the police didn’t see that one coming!

Top Bottom