Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru
but, but, but,......I'm still feeling a bit dazed, and anyway, my normal two fingered typing is now down to just one......cut an old guy a bit of slack won't you:surrender:

Seriously though, many thanks for the kind thoughts and I'm feeling better already. I'll get the bike up on the stand tomorrow and see what's what and what isn't, but I may be back crying again:cry:

Hard to bear old man - what else do you normally do two fingered that is now down to one, hmmm?!?

GBC

Veteran
Ha ha, work computer he no likey your linky! Seriously, glad your ok old man - I still owe you a poke (of chips)!

Hmmmmm, I'm sure you mean that in an encompassing and and genial way, rather than a reference to my accumulated summers....didn't you:unsure:

GBC

Veteran
Hey, @GBC - :cheers: and :hugs:. Maybe the unfortunate lady will have learned to look up and ahead for the future ... :whistle:

GWS for the bike :ohmy: and GWS for you too ! :biggrin:

Thanks very much Scoosh, and yes, I don't think that the lady will forget that one:headshake:I really did feel for her as she was so embarrassed by it all...I actually think she was concentrating so much on not hitting a kerb or something on her beautiful new machine, that she wasn't able to see the bigger picture. But hey, c'est la vie, everyone went home:smile:

everyone went home:smile:

Hopefully not in the manner described by rowdy foot-to-ball fans!

Reactions: GBC

GBC

Veteran
Did you get a chance to check the bike over yet @GBC?

Hi @Col5632 , yes I did, and it looks very much like my fears for the derailleur were unfounded and it's 'just' the wheels and tyres and a few scrapes. I don't think I'll know for certain though until I've got the new stuff on and take it out on the road. I've ordered the replacements from Messrs Evans, suppliers of cycling requisites to the gentry, but I'm still a bit mystified as to why the back wheel got buckled, while the front, which took all the impact, only suffered damage to the tyre and tube. The only explanation I can think of is that while I was going over the handlebars - not a pleasant sensation by the way - momentum has swung the back end of the bike round and under me and I've then landed on it. This theory may be borne out by the arc shaped bruise which has now developed on my thigh/bum/hip . Can't be certain though as my recollections of the immediate aftermath are a bit :wacko:

Should get them early next week, but that is probably the earliest that my hand and arm will be ready for action anyway.

Hopefully see you and the rest of the team soon:smile:

George.

I was going to say that the probability of a collision at that particular location must be millions to one against but when I was out last night there were dozens of other bikes on the stretch between the Galston turn-off and Mearns X so it's possible that I'm just usually out at the quieter times.

GBC

Veteran
There were dozens of cyclists out on Wednesday Ed, but that is the first time I've ever seen anyone joining from Mearns Road, although I occasionally do the reverse and leave there and go home by Mearns Road and Clarkston Road.

Oddly enough, I had another scary moment at the same spot a couple of weeks ago when I was again heading north, home, just past the pink house, and came round the bend, tight into the left, and met someone cycling up the way on the wrong side, ie straight in front of me. A newbie I think, judging from the Hi-Vis and the shiny bike, but that time I was able to swing out and round him.

As you mentioned earlier, it is quite a fast bend when you are heading north, and probably one that I will be quite circumspect about in future - well, for a week or two anyway:whistle:

Top Bottom