Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, at least the driver was nice to you ... did he burst out laughing after?
It was properly dark. They drove on for about 30 yards before stopping, presumably realising that the white light and the red light in their mirrors weren't meant to be horizontal...

After allowing myself the mandatory 5 seconds of wretched groaning while wondering if I was dying, I got up, shouted "i'm all right! i'm all right!" a little more vigourously than the occasion called for.

They drove off silently. :rolleyes:

@Edwardoka I can beat that on the embarrassment scale.. In fact recalling the moment has caused
chuisbete.gif
all over again

Rasmus

Without a clever title
It was a close pass insofar as it was a narrow stretch of muddy farm access road (NCN7 between Highfield and Glengarnock), car coming the other way saw me and stopped, leaving what they felt was an appropriate amount of room for me to pass by. I went for it, only to discover that instead of muddy tarmac it was a muddy verge. The front wheel dug in and off I went, faceplanting aforementioned bush. I rode back with a rubbing mudguard and a suitably chastened riding style.

Sadly my scratches weren't visibly impressive enough to earn me any sympathy from my colleagues :laugh:
Oof - I've done that, except there was no car around...

Glad you and the bike are mostly ok.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Never - it's got no cycle provision. :angry:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
But do you think they'll have an open ride day like they did with the M74 extension in Glasgow?

But do you think they'll have an open ride day like they did with the M74 extension in Glasgow?
That was a fun day, having a helicopter fly overhead when I did a solo breakaway on lap 2 certainly made it more exciting :laugh:

If only Glasgow did more things like that (why wasn't there a ToB sportive, or a Commonwealth games sportive?) it mightn't be the very worst region that I have ever cycled in.

Reactions: GBC
Top Bottom