Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Not well done to me, I walked most of the return leg to Dunoon.
Well done to @flyingfifi and to our pal Anne (61 and on a heavy hybrid), they did all the hills.
Nothing not to be expected on a route like that. I know the road very well, although I've never cycled it, and probably never would. The Beallach alone would leave me weeping in heat like we've had. Walk cycle whatever, I take my hat off to you all.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It did rain heavily all the way for us, also during our stay in Mull.
Sun came out only late Monday, when we were almost in Lochgilphead.
We had only one dry day!

Slick

Guru
It did rain heavily all the way for us, also during our stay in Mull.
Sun came out only late Monday, when we were almost in Lochgilphead.
We had only one dry day!
:laugh:really should have known that. Lovely part of the world but that single dry day constitutes a pretty decent summer there. Head further south next year to the end of the peninsula, you would love that. :whistle:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
:laugh:really should have known that. Lovely part of the world but that single dry day constitutes a pretty decent summer there. Head further south next year to the end of the peninsula, you would love that. :whistle:
Next year, if I haven't lost 4 stone and stopped smoking, I will go on tour to Cambridge :laugh:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
How far is it to work these days, @Col5632 ? Could always cycle in one day, other way back; other way in next day, cycle back ... repeat until cycling all the time ... or it gets too
windy.gif

Col5632

Guru
How far is it to work these days, @Col5632 ? Could always cycle in one day, other way back; other way in next day, cycle back ... repeat until cycling all the time ... or it gets too

It's only 6 miles each way but my issue now is I'm actually working in two different places for two different companies under the same boss. My office is in Dalgety Bay but the site where I'm helping build flats is in Abroath and means leaving at 7.15am and not getting home until 6pm. I'm only in the office a few days a week atm as the person covering me is in Thailand I'm required here for some of the week. It's complicated I know.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Ah Yes, I can see that a 5-hr each way commute might be a bit much - even for a young 'un like you ! :ohmy:
6 miles, though - well you could do a there-and-back-and-there-again twice each day ! :bicycle: ^_^

While Mull and most of the west coast was getting very wet I was on the Black Isle. Lovely weather mostly sunny and warm.
Last time I was on the Black Isle the flies tormented me something fierce. That was the only time on that tour I got off and pushed, and that was because I had a fleece over my head to get away from the flies :cry:
Got lost in the back roads after crossing the Cromarty bridge (cycling on the A9 is neither big nor clever :rolleyes:) - to this day I have no idea which route I took to get to Kessock.

Top Bottom