Irn-Bru? Scottish Blethering Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Actually anywhere from Montrose area southwards .Just in case :smile: honestly. .happy enough with a shed...I lived in Africa for a while ☺
Sounds like a fun jaunt, I've ridden parts of your first leg (in reverse) when I lived near Dundee. Surprisingly remote in places!
I can't think of anyone on here who lives in Angus, have you looked at the warmshowers website?

Barbuda

Thanks. I will look there now

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Can't wait till the f.... n bridge opens, sick of the sight of it lol :laugh: Last thing I want to do is walk over it I've watched it being built every single bleedin day , hurry up already !!

Slick

Guru
Brought a lot of good paying jobs to the area. I'm always slightly disappointed when a project of that magnitude comes to an end. At least the other bridge is still needing money spent on it.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Anybody like cake?

Just a wee reminder that it's the Round Strathaven 50 on Sunday - best cake stops ever!

Anyone in?
Hmmmmm..... I have signed up and paid my entry fee; BUT it will depend on the weather on Sunday whether I actually turn up or not :sad:.
Forecast is wet and/or windy, depending on who you believe. Supposed to be getting the remains of a tropical storm, apparently. At least we'll have had a taste of SOMETHING tropical this summer :smile:.

Hmmmmm..... I have signed up and paid my entry fee; BUT it will depend on the weather on Sunday whether I actually turn up or not :sad:.
Forecast is wet and/or windy, depending on who you believe. Supposed to be getting the remains of a tropical storm, apparently. At least we'll have had a taste of SOMETHING tropical this summer :smile:.

Me too. Forecast looks OK for now. Met Office reckon 10% chance of rain and WSW of 7 mph. Probably means it'll snow. Do you fancy some company if you go?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Do you fancy some company if you go?
I think you might be leaving me in your wake these days, if Strava is anything to go by! I haven't been doing as many miles as I used to (work is getting in the way, as well as our non existent summer) and my steed for Sunday will be the heavy steel beast that is my Genesis Croix de Fer. I finally realised that I can't do speed so I might as well try comfort :smile:. I expect my average speed for the 50 mile ride will be around the 12/13 mph mark. If you fancy meeting up pre-ride then let me know; I was planning to get there for registration about 9.30...

lazyfatgit

Currently on holidays down East Riding , second week after my cruise. Enjoying spending my fake Scottish notes in Hornsea and surrounding area :laugh: well you would think that by the looks of some folk when I hand over cash already had one argument with a cafe owner:boxing:

Is that nonsense still going on?

I always found that in pubs, if you scoff a good bit of a beer whilst the wee knaff that served conferred with his manager, they preferred to take the money than try and get the beer back.:wahhey:

I think you might be leaving me in your wake these days, if Strava is anything to go by! I haven't been doing as many miles as I used to (work is getting in the way, as well as our non existent summer) and my steed for Sunday will be the heavy steel beast that is my Genesis Croix de Fer. I finally realised that I can't do speed so I might as well try comfort :smile:. I expect my average speed for the 50 mile ride will be around the 12/13 mph mark. If you fancy meeting up pre-ride then let me know; I was planning to get there for registration about 9.30...

I tried to inbox you (as "da kidz") say these days but I'm not allowed to send you messages. I'm 50 / 50 - depends on the weather and tonight's wine intake. Can text you to catch up to arrange a meet (if I had your number).

Top Bottom